baumer

Monday #s IM3 11.26

Moreso than they are for IM3 which seems to be more adult oriented than the other 2 IM movies...

I spent 13 years in school and now I'm in college and in all that time, I never knew one person skip school for a movie. Some went immediately after and some went on half days, I saw PX on a half day, but no one skips school for a 2 hour movie. That's actually pretty stupid.

tell me about it. If MOS opens to say 97 mill which would still be damn good..ppl will riot which should not be the case. And don't get me started on a possible 'horrid' RT score in the 70's.

TDK OW or no dice  :P

• Like 1

Fo sho. I wonder how pissed BKB and the other Hulk fans are that the first two movies were so mediocre compared to the Avengers version of Hulk.

Lol even CA was like ten times better in this film lol 

• Like 1

I spent 13 years in school and now I'm in college and in all that time, I never knew one person skip school for a movie. Some went immediately after and some went on half days, I saw PX on a half day, but no one skips school for a 2 hour movie. That's actually pretty stupid.

This Merica god damn it, we don't like the our kids be taught by the government. Movies are important especially Merica kicks some alien ass.

College students do skip classes a lot though, but not to watch movies, or to watch different types of movies  :ph34r:

College students do skip classes a lot though, but not to watch movies, or to watch different types of movies  :ph34r:

Where I'm from, we skip to go to the beach! ;) The cinema can wait when the ocean's calling.

Edited by jandrew

• Founder / Operator

I'll dare say that Lee's Hulk holds up better than Leterrier's. The latter's movie does improve greatly on pacing and visual effects (along with some good casting), but, Lee's feels more like a true comic book adaptation in terms of style and cinematography. Plus, Bana was a great pick for the lead. Put the two movies together and we'd have a really good Hulk movie.

• Like 3

I was in denial after seeing Ang Lee's HULK, mainly because I had wanted a HULK movie so bad after the 1st SPIDER-MAN and it only seemed natural since he's as well known as SPIDER-MAN that they make one, but as talented as Ang Lee is, he was simply the wrong director for that movie and the FX just weren't there just yet to pull off a good HULK movie.. Now, they could probably do it, but I think he's better off in small doses as an ensemble cast then a solo movie, unless they want to give WORLD WAR HULK a shot in which case, I'd be onboard for that...

Next question is why don't they make a new Hulk solo movie with Ruffalo and the same tone that Whedon used for the character. Would be badass if executed properly.

• Like 2

I was in denial after seeing Ang Lee's HULK, mainly because I had wanted a HULK movie so bad after the 1st SPIDER-MAN and it only seemed natural since he's as well known as SPIDER-MAN that they make one, but as talented as Ang Lee is, he was simply the wrong director for that movie and the FX just weren't there just yet to pull off a good HULK movie.. Now, they could probably do it, but I think he's better off in small doses as an ensemble cast then a solo movie, unless they want to give WORLD WAR HULK a shot in which case, I'd be onboard for that...

Who's your most favorite Marvel character, BKB?

I'll dare say that Lee's Hulk holds up better than Leterrier's. The latter's movie does improve greatly on pacing and visual effects (along with some good casting), but, Lee's feels more like a true comic book adaptation in terms of style and cinematography. Plus, Bana was a great pick for the lead. Put the two movies together and we'd have a really good Hulk movie.

Perhaps better than the two they gave us, but still nowhere near as good as the Whedon/Ruffalo version. Both of the previous Hulk movies lacked a sense of humor, but Whedon knocked it out of the park. Hulk completely stole the show in TA.

• Like 1

Next question is why don't they make a new Hulk solo movie with Ruffalo and the same tone that Whedon used for the character. Would be badass if executed properly.

Ruffalo is the best Bruce Banner for me, he has that endearing and vulnerable quality. But then, I dislike Ed Norton, so that might skew my judgement a bit  :P

• Like 1

• Founder / Operator

Perhaps better than the two they gave us, but still nowhere near as good as the Whedon/Ruffalo version. Both of the previous Hulk movies lacked a sense of humor, but Whedon knocked it out of the park. Hulk completely stole the show in TA.

I definitely agree.

A toss up between HULK and WOLVERINE.. Loved seeing those 2 brawl..

So does that mean you will support The Wolverine this year? Or you only care if there is a MCU's version of Wolverine?

I close my eyes and try imagining what an AVENGERS movie with Eric Bana would've been like compared to Ruffalo and to me, Bana would've killed the movie's buzz, especially if Banner in the movie was like he was in Ang Lee's HULK.. Ruffalo ws perfect and enabled you to like Banner and not see him as such a tragic character.. He was given purpose in TA..

Ruffalo was alright, but I thought Norton was amazing as Bruce Banner.  I'm the only one who loved TiH?  :huh:

• Like 2

• Founder / Operator

I close my eyes and try imagining what an AVENGERS movie with Eric Bana would've been like compared to Ruffalo and to me, Bana would've killed the movie's buzz, especially if Banner in the movie was like he was in Ang Lee's HULK.. Ruffalo ws perfect and enabled you to like Banner and not see him as such a tragic character.. He was given purpose in TA..

That's a problem with scripting, though. Bana is capable of similar charisma, he just wasn't given the chance as Banner.

The trailer for the new  movie coming out just feels, I don't know, I guess weird that he's fighting a bunch of Samurai and I guess I'm not sure what the point of this movie really is?? :thinking: 

Ditto. The point of it is... to fill the gap between First Class and DoFP. :P