baumer

Monday #s IM3 11.26

From Guru (who really doesn't help the situation):

Gitesh Pandya @giteshpandya 4m

#IronMan3 MON about $11-12M, well below $18.9M of Avengers. Still, IM3 may hit $210M in 1st full wk, $280M+ after 2nd wknd.

ERC:  11.4

From RTH:  11.1 mill

https://twitter.com/giteshpandya

Edited by baumer

It could do half of Avengers' #s from here on out and still approach 400m. Just saying.

It's got no chance of missing 400.  Then again, if it has Spider-man 3's 2.22X, it will make 386.

• Like 1

Even though all this flop talk is clearly tongue in cheek, are you guys forgetting about how MUCH FRIKKIN MONEY IT'S MADE INTERNATIONALLY?

• Like 4

Well, there goes 400m!!This isn't quite the Avengers. It'll be fine.

I don't see how it misses 400, I don't think it is Sp3 bad in terms of WOM.

Even though all this flop talk is clearly tongue in cheek, are you guys forgetting about how MUCH FRIKKIN MONEY IT'S MADE INTERNATIONALLY?

About 500M :ph34r:

So are we chalking up this drop to WOM or this being more of a family film than previously thought?

Its WOM will not be anywhere near TA but as baumer, it's also not as toxic as SM3's.  Or is it too early to tell still?

The LA Times is reporting that it played more as a family film than The Avengers did last year (27% family ticket buyers vs. 10% for The Avengers), which I personally found surprising because it didn't play like a family film to me.

• Like 1

So are we chalking up this drop to WOM or this being more of a family film than previously thought?

Its WOM will not be anywhere near TA but as baumer, it's also not as toxic as SM3's.  Or is it too early to tell still?

The LA Times is reporting that it played more as a family film than The Avengers did last year (27% family ticket buyers vs. 10% for The Avengers), which I personally found surprising because it didn't play like a family film to me.

It is definitely less of a family film than TA and that will bear itself out as the film progresses through its run. I would say what you saw on opening weekend was a bunch of families that loved TA showing up for IM3 when they maybe didn't see TA until later in its run (or even on home video).

That being said, I think it's too early to start making assumptions about WOM. We need to see how it does through Sunday.