Water Bottle

Game of Thrones (BOOK + TV) WARNING: SPOILERS [NO LEAKED EPISODE SPOILERS]

I just want to say it's not because you didn't read the books that you can't be a core fan. I see books and TV/Film as 2 different things. I am a big fan of the LOTR movies, but don't like the books that much. And I can tell you I read thousends of wiki's about LOTR and loved everything they done. Does that not make me a core fan?

And it's just the same for GoT I love GOT the tv show, just started to read the books, because I want to know more about the world. But I am a real GoT fan and appealing to me matters as much as appealing to you book reader.

And because I am reading book one atm, I ll probably critisice the books instead of the TV show, cause at this point the TV show is my reference point. We ll see, I hope the books wil be as good or much beter, but we ll see.

• Like 1

There already is a backlash it started with the sansa thing and now is continuing and using the unsullied to prove your point is lazy who honestly cares the second the next big thing comes the show will be forgotten like everything else the readers stick by it

As a book reader I think that was one of the best things that happened to this show. And I've talked to other book readers who think as well. I love Sansa, but she does absolutely NOTHING in the books. And it's annoying exactly because I like her character. And looking at the promo for the season finale she might become a badass worthy of the Stark name. And I'm perfectly ine with that. I hope she kills Ramsay herself.

I just want to say it's not because you didn't read the books that you can't be a core fan. I see books and TV/Film as 2 different things. I am a big fan of the LOTR movies, but don't like the books that much. And I can tell you I read thousends of wiki's about LOTR and loved everything they done. Does that not make me a core fan?

And it's just the same for GoT I love GOT the tv show, just started to read the books, because I want to know more about the world. But I am a real GoT fan and appealing to me matters as much as appealing to you book reader.

And because I am reading book one atm, I ll probably critisice the books instead of the TV show, cause at this point the TV show is my reference point. We ll see, I hope the books wil be as good or much beter, but we ll see.

I find the books better in most cases. That is not denigrating the show because I love both so much. But I started with the books. There are some things in the books that I did not like: the Sansa storyline, the Arya storyline, the Jon storyline which got a bit changed in the series and thats fine. What the books did better is the Cersei storyline (shes among my fav characters), the Theon ark, the Dany ark, the Margaery one. Tyrion's ark in the show is better. 

Either way, I love details and I'd like to see every little thing adapted, but I know it's impossible. So I appreciate the books and the TV series on different levels, two different universes. In a way, I like they are making changes and going ahead because I can be surprised and thats a good thing.   

Overall, the only thing that pisses me off is that they don't give Dany enough screen time. :lol:

Edited by James
  • Like 1

I was disappointed with the fighting pit / Drogon scene. Pretty anti-climactic compared to the book.

The show at least answered whether or not Hizdork was a villain or just a dude caught in the middle.

That narrows down the poisoner in the books to the Green Grace, Reznak, or the Shavepate. And the Harpy to Reznak or the Green Grace.

As a book reader I think that was one of the best things that happened to this show. And I've talked to other book readers who think as well. I love Sansa, but she does absolutely NOTHING in the books. And it's annoying exactly because I like her character. And looking at the promo for the season finale she might become a badass worthy of the Stark name. And I'm perfectly ine with that. I hope she kills Ramsay herself.

She's going to become a badass if you read the winds chapter and without being raped there were a ton of ways to buid tension but to what they did is just ridiculous and grrm editor rightly called them out for it

I find the books better in most cases. That is not denigrating the show because I love both so much. But I started with the books. There are some things in the books that I did not like: the Sansa storyline, the Arya storyline, the Jon storyline which got a bit changed in the series and thats fine. What the books did better is the Cersei storyline (shes among my fav characters), the Theon ark, the Dany ark, the Margaery one. Tyrion's ark in the show is better. 

Either way, I love details and I'd like to see every little thing adapted, but I know it's impossible. So I appreciate the books and the TV series on different levels, two different universes. In a way, I like they are making changes and going ahead because I can be surprised and thats a good thing.   

Overall, the only thing that pisses me off is that they don't give Dany enough screen time. :lol:

Seems like you and i share the same intrest now, since Tyrion and Danny are now working together :D

• Like 1

No, they aren't. :P Danny flew off to far away land, while Tyrion magically survived arena massacre. ;)
I think they will not be together for vast amount of time, again. Which is sad, cause their banter was one of the best in season 5.

No, they aren't. :P Danny flew off to far away land, while Tyrion magically survived arena massacre. ;)

I think they will not be together for vast amount of time, again. Which is sad, cause their banter was one of the best in season 5.

This would realy suck :D

But you red the books, so it will be true :(

Edited by pepsa

There's been a recent push of speculation that they're gonna kill Tommen in the finale (when Varys pops in for his murder spree at the very end). Wouldn't be surprised if they go down that route, with Myrcella and Trystane now heading to King's Landing.

There's been a recent push of speculation that they're gonna kill Tommen in the finale (when Varys pops in for his murder spree at the very end). Wouldn't be surprised if they go down that route, with Myrcella and Trystane now heading to King's Landing.

I have heard that they have varys kill littlefinger

I have heard that they have varys kill littlefinger

Now that would just be ridiculous, especially since if Littlefinger shows up in the finale it only makes sense to be in the North with a Vale army.

Pycelle and Kevan are gonna croak for sure though, like the book.

Edited by Numbers of Westeros