Neo

Wednesday #'s (IM3 - 8.1M) (let the meltdown begin) 200M in 6 days!

Well SM3 legs aren't out of the question I'm afriad to say.  Trek is really going to cut it's legs off by weekend 3 and Fast 6 and Hangover will dent it even more by weekend 4.  Also Gatsby is getting way more buzz than I thought it would in the summer.  

Didn't someone say Green Lantern drops?

Once again, it's hard to compare a film that was released when schools are out (Green Lantern) versus a film that wasn't (IM3). If you want to compare films to IM3, compare it to IM2, SM3, and Wolverine, among others.

Edited by blackspider

The only disappointing number will be if it doesn't cross 400 Million.  As long as it does that to me it's a success domestically.  Under 400 is still huge for any Part III but you don't have 175 OW and not do 400.  Potter 8 should of done 400 also of that massive weekend.  It clearly seems there was a huge rush factor cause this was basically the sequel to The Avengers.  Not saying more aren't going to watch it cause they are but Competition is Way stronger this summer than The Avengers had which took MIB3 to detrone it on it's 4th frame. 

• Like 2

Well SM3 legs aren't out of the question I'm afriad to say.  Trek is really going to cut it's legs off by weekend 3 and Fast 6 and Hangover will dent it even more by weekend 4.  Also Gatsby is getting way more buzz than I thought it would in the summer.  

I think we are all ignoring another one that will hurt: After Earth starring Will Smith. If nothing else it is going to be one of many films stealing screens from IM3 in coming weeks. This film is facing a ton more competition than TA or TDKR dealt with.