Neo

Wednesday #'s (IM3 - 8.1M) (let the meltdown begin) 200M in 6 days!

Just using Thor's numbers (even though it dropped a lot harder on Wed than Thor did)

Wed:  8.1

Thurs:  7.8

Fri:  17.4

Sat:  28.8

Sun:  19.0

62.5% drop...or about what Spider-man 3 dropped.  :)

It might not hit 400M domestically, especially since the next few weeks will be BUSY as hell.

Just using Thor's numbers (even though it dropped a lot harder on Wed than Thor did)

Wed:  8.1

Thurs:  7.8

Fri:  17.4

Sat:  28.8

Sun:  19.0

62.5% drop...or about what Spider-man 3 dropped.  :)

No chance in hell it only increases 127%.  :P It'll be closer to SM1/IM1 territory than Thor. 

Edited by druv10
  • Like 1

That will be a disaster if it plays out like that. It faces just as much competition as SM3 did, so it needs to make as much as it can during the first two weeks.

But those are realistic numbers.  That's a 66% increase on Saturday.

I think word of mouth is better than SM3, so that is worst case scenario.

Hunger Game had great WOM, and look at the 2nd weekend drop, almost the exact same as SM3. It all depends on how big the movie opens in the first weekend. Edited by Godzilla
  • Like 1

Hunger Game had great WOM, and loot at the 2nd weekend drop, almost the exact same as SM3. It all depends on how big the movie opens in the 2nd weekend.

Different seasons?

sigh, I always laugh when people use a Wed number to call the film into performing worse then Spider Man 3.

It will get around a 70 million 2nd weekend finish around 400 million and win the summer while MOS and ST will finish over 300 million.

When did the box office become a zero sum game?

Edited by Lordmandeep

I think it will stay flat or increase today instead of dropping like Thor did, so that will help. Plus I think the Friday increase will be bigger than Thor.

So far it's like what Heretic said yesterday, IM3 does whatever the hell it pleases  :lol:  :P

• Like 3

I have to say it's amazing how much the Canadians impact Tuesday box office with those discount ticket prices. I went by the theater Tuesday night and it looked like it wasn't as busy as Monday night. We don't have discounts here, so there would be no extra incentive for people to go. Baumer reported that the theaters in Toronto were packed Tuesday night.

• Like 2

No chance in hell it only increases 127%.   :P It'll be closer to SM1/IM1 territory than Thor. 

Then if the Friday increase is bigger, then Saturday won't be 66% either.

So how about this: if it follows Avengers:

Thurs:  7.4 (-9%)

Friday:  17.3 (135%)

Sat:  25.2 (+46%)

Sun:  19.1 (-27%)

61.6 mill

That's using Avengers

You better hope it follows Thor.  :)

• Like 1

I think it will stay flat or increase today instead of dropping like Thor did, so that will help. Plus I think the Friday increase will be bigger than Thor.

Why?  Avengers didn't.

Then if the Friday increase is bigger, then Saturday won't be 66% either.

So how about this: if it follows Avengers:

Thurs:  7.4 (-9%)

Friday:  17.3 (135%)

Sat:  25.2 (+46%)

Sun:  19.1 (-27%)

61.6 mill

That's using Avengers

You better hope it follows Thor.  :)

Time to bump your 400M club Baumer  :P

• Like 1