Neo

Wednesday #'s (IM3 - 8.1M) (let the meltdown begin) 200M in 6 days!

One personally wants? What does that mean? How are Gopher's numbers unreasonable? Just under 20M Friday, just over 30M Saturday because of families, 30% Sunday drop.

Did I say it was unreasonable? You have got to admit people here throw numbers they want to happen. What model do they use? Their hunch. Baumer uses history in his predictions. I said what he does was better.

• Like 2

Just to be saying guys I was saying 70 million 2nd weekend and thats based of a 7.8 million Thursday...

So nothing much changes for me.

Don't just talk, show your math  :)

:P

• Like 1

No we can't say for sure Saturday night. We have no idea how the upcoming competition will affect it. It could get hammered or it could hold up well in the coming weeks.

Trend will be seen. If it recovers well enough over to weekend to see kind of weekend you predicted(around 55%), then 450M would also be probable despite competition. it will not disappear from the earth just because of trek or fast 6/hangover 3.

Just to be saying guys I was saying 70 million 2nd weekend and thats based of a 7.8 million Thursday...

So nothing much changes for me.

If it can't hold well despite being the only big film this week, well I don't know what could happen in the weeks to come.

Trend will be seen. If it recovers well enough over to weekend to see kind of weekend you predicted(around 55%), then 450M would also be probable despite competition. it will not disappear from the earth just because of trek or fast 6/hangover 3.

Disappear?  No.  But to have three giant films coming out in two weeks, all somewhat targetting the same audience, or a good chunk of it, will take its toll.  That's inevitable.

"

It's going to rebound over the weekend, no doubt about that. However it's a sign that it will be destroyed by Star Trek the week after and become IM: Into No Legs "

Oh God wait till Im3 and ST get hit on memorial day weekend lolz

Did I say it was unreasonable? You have got to admit people here throw numbers they want to happen. What model do they use? Their hunch. Baumer uses history in his predictions. I said what he does was better.

Red/Gopher aren't using models? :P

His numbers aren't unreasonable, they're just numbers he wants to see happen?

It's going to rebound over the weekend, no doubt about that. However it's a sign that it will be destroyed by Star Trek the week after and become IM: Into No Legs 

And then if Trek doesn't go over as well, there's plenty of room for IM to make up ground the following... oh wait, Fast and Furious is waiting.

FWIW, a $77m weekend would give it around $289m after 10 days. That is similar to TDKR, which faced less competition during its run and "only" made $448m. IM3 was on nearly 2,000 more screens during its opening weekend than either TA or TDKR. Its screen count is going to take a huge hit during the coming weeks. In my opinion, it needs to be at $300m or better after 10 days to have a good chance at $450m.

It's going to rebound over the weekend, no doubt about that. However it's a sign that it will be destroyed by Star Trek the week after and become IM: Into No Legs 

lol, IM3's winning everything so no STID won't destroy IM3. Maybe in your fantasy land but in reality no.  ;)  :P