#ED

Weekend Estimates - (BO.com forums <3 RTH)

Gatsby's success feels meaningful to me. Hopefully this will encourage studios to give directors unlimited amounts of money to adapt other classic novels in weird interesting ways. 

• Like 4

The Actor who played the kid in All Time Worst Movie #1 Extremely Long and Incredibly Condescending. 

I haven't seen that movie. I turn the channel when it comes on.

Gatsby's success feels meaningful to me. Hopefully this will encourage studios to give directors unlimited amounts of money to adapt other classic novels in weird interesting ways. 

This. And Baz desperately needed this movie to succeed if he ever wanted to shoot in his extravagant style ever again. I feel really happy for him because say what you will about his movies, they're always original. 

• Like 2

As long as they get the right actors to pull it off. Leo as Jay Gatsby is a no brainer, imo. 

As long as they get the right actors to pull it off. Leo as Jay Gatsby is a no brainer, imo. 

And then there's Macguire who's terribly miscast. Garrett Hedlund would've been a perfect Nick. 

And then there's Macguire who's terribly miscast. Garrett Hedlund would've been a perfect Nick. 

Nick is such an important character. Tobey looked like a miscast from the trailers. I'm not sure about Garrett Hedlund though. Why do you think he would have been better?

Nick is such an important character. Tobey looked like a miscast from the trailers. I'm not sure about Garrett Hedlund though. Why do you think he would have been better?

On the Road, dawg.

I would give large sums of money to a David Lynch's Ulysses kickstarter. 

Though, they may want to stick to the novels that have been handed out to high schoolers for years. I mean, that's the kind of marketing tactic that's tough to artificially create.  :P

• Like 1

I would give large sums of money to a David Lynch's Ulysses kickstarter. 

Though, they may want to stick to the novels that have been handed out to high schoolers for years. I mean, that's the kind of marketing tactic that's tough to artificially create.  :P

I'd rather see Sam Rockwell's adaptation of the Ex-Wife. If it were any smarter, it'd make Ulysses look like a book written in crayon....and it would read it to you.

• Like 1

I'd rather see Sam Rockwell's adaptation of the Ex-Wife. If it were any smarter, it'd make Ulysses look like a book written in crayon....and it would read it to you.

You really love Sam Rockwell, don't you?  :D

I haven't seen that but I've seen him that movie with Paltrow. I'm not sure about him as Nick.

He is absolutely electric in On The Road. Certain qualities that he brings to Dean Moriarty would be very good for Nick Carraway. (He's also my favourite performance since maybe Isabelle Huppert in the Pianist, an honour shared with Emmanuelle Riva)