A Marvel Fanboy

2016 Discussion Thread (Gremlins/Goonies In the Works)

I wouldn't be surprised if Justice League aims for July 4th weekend but I think Transformers 5 could easily claim that date as well.

Star Trek 3 is still undated but I'm thinking November 11th 2016 with a OS release either the week before or late October to coincide with local holidays.

• Like 1

I wouldn't be surprised if Justice League aims for July 4th weekend but I think Transformers 5 could easily claim that date as well.

Star Trek 3 is still undated but I'm thinking November 11th 2016 with a OS release either the week before or late October to coincide with local holidays.

Why not the third weekend in July?

• Like 2

Gremlin, Goonies, Cliffhanger - all reboot?

Transporter is fairly recent franchise, gets rebooted too?

Insane!!

A classic like Gremlins is near impossible to remake. 

Look at the fumbling, flat & utterly "polar opposite" remake

of RoboCop.

Goonies & Cliffhanger could use a little bit of reworking.

Transporter reboot? I am guessing this will be a spin-off  of

Fast & Furious. Turns out the Statham character you see

at the end of FF6 is........ the Transporter!!

• Like 1

Since I can't find a thread for Lionsgate upcoming Power Rangers movie. Here some new info.

"The first film will reenvision the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers origin story and will provide a launching pad for multi-film franchise that will elevate Power Rangers to all-new heights"

http://blog.samuraicast.com/#ixzz34rvuzmej

I hope this will be decent. If they give the movie large marketing like they do with The Hunger Games then movie should make 45 - 60 million OW.

• Like 1

The first film will reenvision the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers origin story and will provide a launching pad for multi-film franchise that will elevate Power Rangers to all-new heights

DARK AND GRITTY. Closer to the original source material

They need to bring in the Nathanson/Peyton Reed dream team for this one

• Like 3

Isn't the original source material Voltron, since the Power Rangers seem like a rip off of Voltron?

I don't know. I don't know what Voltron is. I'm making fun of the go-to studio line whenever a reboot is announced

Don't read into it

• Like 1

Power Rangers is based on Super Sentai and Voltron is an American dub of Beast King GoLion. Both are from the Japanese studio Toei. Super Sentai did their giant fighting robot theme back in 1979 with Battle Fever J and Super Sentai did their first combining robot with Sun Vulcan in 1981. Sun Vulcan aired a few months before GoLion did in Japan. You can't call them a ripped off if they are from the same company.

• Like 1

I'm not sure what the original color-coded superteam was, but it might have been Science Ninja Team Gatchaman in 1972. (Released in the US as Battle of the Planets and G-Force.)

Live action superhero shows existed at least as far back as the 60s (Ultraman is a notable example), and giant mecha shows such as Tetsujin-28 and Giant Robo were also in that era.

Really, there's a ton of precedent material for both Voltron and Power Rangers.

• Like 1

May 6: Captain America 3

May 6: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
May 13: Universal Untitled R-Rated Comedy
May 20: Pixels

May 20: Star Trek 3

May 27: X-Men: Age of Apocalypse

May 27: Through the Looking Glass

^That May looks huge, 2 300M+, 1 400M+, 3 250M+ and 5 200M+ Bold = My prediction.

June 3: Sausage Party

June 3: Snow White and the Huntsman Part 2

June 10: The Amazing Spider-Man 3

June 17: How to Train Your Dragon 3

June 17: Finding Dory

June 24:  Transformers V

Bold = My predictions, ASM is rumored to move as one of the June 17 movies will likely move. TF5 that its likely date. If the schedule stays like so 1 400M+, 2 300M+, 4 250M+

July 1:  ID Forever Part One

July 1: The BFG

July 1: Tarzan

July 1: Angry Birds

July 8:  Marvel Untitled - Thor 3

July 15: Ice Age 5

July 15: Untitled Bourne Legacy  2

July 22: King Arthur

July 29: Maple Syrup Heist Project

July 29: Planet of the Apes 2

Bold = My prediction. July is stacked, if HTTYD2 moves Bourne or Arthur should move. Also May 20 might work for Birds, ST3 or Arthur. No way July 4th weekend stays that packed with a possible TF5 the week before. No 400M+ movies, but 4 200M+ and 8-9 100M+ movies.

Edited by Neo
  • Like 1