theultimatebiu

WKND BO: #StarTrek $70.6M/$84.1M, IronMan3 $35.2M/$337.1M, Gatsby $23.4M/$90.2M

I wasn't around BOM in 2006, but I have a hard time imagining why Superman Returns and DMC of all movies would spark such flame wars? :P Were there really people that passionate about either? You'd be hard pressed to find one die hard Superman or Pirates fan these days. :lol:

Edited by MovieMan89

I wasn't around BOM in 2006, but I have a hard time imagining why Superman Returns and DMC of all movies would spark such flame wars? :P Were there really people that passionate about either? You'd be hard pressed to find one die hard Superman or Pirates fan these days. :lol:

Kal-El was a nutjob and he had a skill to get under your skin. :lol:  Flame wars were epic but unfortunately things now are just soft. 

• Like 1

It was crazy. You have no idea how bad it was. Kal-el was a frequent poster and a Superman fanboy. Literally he would make all sorts of shit up and when he was wrong he would just lie to make himself right. He also use to predict in ranges that spanned like $50M+ eg I predict at least $70-$120M OW for FF6. 

He was so adamant that SR would destroy the box office and when DMC took its shine he went on full attack mode. It was so bad a lot of frequent posters ended up leaving and going to WOJK. Also for some reason the lead admin Sean always had his back and he never got banned till the last minute.

• Like 1

It was crazy. You have no idea how bad it was. Kal-el was a frequent poster and a Superman fanboy. Literally he would make all sorts of shit up and when he was wrong he would just lie to make himself right. He also use to predict in ranges that spanned like $50M+ eg I predict at least $70-$120M OW for FF6. 

He was so adamant that SR would destroy the box office and when DMC took its shine he went on full attack mode. It was so bad a lot of frequent posters ended up leaving and going to WOJK. Also for some reason the lead admin Sean always had his back and he never got banned till the last minute.

That honestly still makes me wonder what "could have been" if Kal didn't get banned 1 month before Avatar came out.  That dude was pimping that movie out hardcore for like a year before release.

He claimed that he was friends with Sean. Which would not be surprising since he got away with everything. 

That honestly still makes me wonder what "could have been" if Kal didn't get banned 1 month before Avatar came out.  That dude was pimping that movie out hardcore for like a year before release.

It would have sucked. I was purposely claiming it was going to do under 100m because of Kal. 

Kal-El when Superman Returns' OD number was announced

Imax numbers arent even included yet Narnia. These haters like Biuu saying only a 100M for the 5 day run, are going to be laughed out of town. THey forget this film is the type many will repeat view. And that there are between 30-50M diehard Superman fans at least that should views this sucket up to 2-4 times.

Hah hah. With a start like this 300M-400M is still very possible.Turn on your local news and you will see if they dont consider this a huge start for the movie.Smile When IMax is added to its gross, that could mean additional 25-40+M for SR's final Domestic Tally.It's a little longish, so 330-400M is going to be tuff, though one should never bet against Superman and TW.Unless we see huge drops over the next 2 weeks, its still very possible!!I think the haters have come out a bit too early Laughing

:wub:

• Like 1

He claimed that he was friends with Sean. Which would not be surprising since he got away with everything. 

He probably was as he did get away with stuff no one else could. He really had the skill to piss you off. I remember betting with him that if DMC didnt broke the OW record I'd leave BOM for 4 weeks and if it did he would have to leave for 4 weeks. He agreed then backed out after the results came out. 

Also, he had a set of videos where he would purchase lottery tickets and shit. You could see he was a crazy dude in real life too.

Yep, it was the ultimate punishment. He was banned couple of weeks before his ultimate win. That banning actually was cruel but funny. I remember Impact opening Avatar thread after Kal's banning. His serving crow would have been epic but not to be.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

• Like 1

Imax numbers arent even included yet Narnia. These haters like Biuu saying only a 100M for the 5 day run, are going to be laughed out of town. THey forget this film is the type many will repeat view. And that there are between 30-50M diehard Superman fans at least that should views this sucket up to 2-4 times. 

Hah hah. With a start like this 300M-400M is still very possible.

Turn on your local news and you will see if they dont consider this a huge start for the movie.

Smile When IMax is added to its gross, that could mean additional 25-40+M for SR's final Domestic Tally.

It's a little longish, so 330-400M is going to be tuff, though one should never bet against Superman and TW.

Unless we see huge drops over the next 2 weeks, its still very possible!!

I think the haters have come out a bit too early Laughing

:wub:

Yep and there he is mentioning me...........God he pissed me off lol

Lol, sorry I never got to see this "Kal-El" fellow. He sounds epicly nuts.

Haha I hardly ever post on these forums, but I've been casually reading since the DMC / Superman Returns summer on BoM.

Even as a casual reader I remember Kal-El, he was craaazy but I have to admit it was entertaining.  Man, Avatar would have been his swan song... his insane predictions were actually pretty close to what ended up happening. 

Edited by Jussslic
  • Like 1

Yep, it was the ultimate punishment. He was banned couple of weeks before his ultimate win. That banning actually was cruel but funny. I remember Impact opening Avatar thread after Kal's banning. His serving crow would have been epic but not to be.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I remember he kept trying to come back but could never brag about it and the new accounts would be banned so quickly. 

Kal was gone but the Kal needs to come back!