theultimatebiu

WKND BO: #StarTrek $70.6M/$84.1M, IronMan3 $35.2M/$337.1M, Gatsby $23.4M/$90.2M

The only studio that doesn't have a film on that list is Sony.

Sony only had two releases this year, and they were both very profitable, so they are fine.

I'm kind of thinking I under predicted Epic.

I'm not so sure. Marketing hasn't been great plus it could get lost in the shuffle. It's biggest advantage is since Croods we haven't had a family movie and that could give it strong legs if the movie is good. 

I'm not so sure. Marketing hasn't been great plus it could get lost in the shuffle. It's biggest advantage is since Croods we haven't had a family movie and that could give it strong legs if the movie is good. 

That's why I think it will do well.  There really hasn't been a kids movie since Croods.  

That's why I think it will do well.  There really hasn't been a kids movie since Croods.  

IM3 has been taking up the family audience so Epic might not breakout as much as you think. 

• Like 2

Ugh, did I say "well enough" twice in that last post? Fuck me. 

My friend loved it. But she loves Iron Man to death. 

Shane Black was definitely an interesting director, and I loved that Jon Favreau got his ass burned and was gone for the vast majority of the movie - does he really think he's a charismatic actor?! And don't fucking get me started on that "hair."

Hate that guy.

Though the reality show gag was funny.