theultimatebiu

WKND BO: #StarTrek $70.6M/$84.1M, IronMan3 $35.2M/$337.1M, Gatsby $23.4M/$90.2M

Well I swear Oz is from a magical time where if a tornado is in Kansas you wont die-you will be transported to a magical land in COLOR instead :P

Color is for 6-year-olds!

I want an intelligent movie, not something for kids!

This is the year where movies show symbol of American freedom is being attacked  - repeatedly.

I know there are many movies with that kind of theme released after 911

but this year you see White House being attacked in 3 movies alone. That's unusually

high percentage don't you think? Plus images of heroes falling, the flag torn

and tattered. Even the early Superman poster has Kal El shrouded in darkness.

I miss IM1, when it is just a kick ass superhero movie. I don't want to be reminded

of 911 all the time, def'ly not over and over again in GIJ2, OLYMPUS, IM3, STID, WHD.

Those are 5 911 themed movies in less than 6 months folks!

I miss IM1, when it is just a kick ass superhero movie. I don't want to be reminded

of 911 all the time, def'ly not over and over again in GIJ2, OLYMPUS, IM3, STID, WHD.

Those are 5 911 themed movies in less than 6 months folks!

Then maybe you should watch Spring Breakers and Mud again.

I think Trek will do a lot more than 120% more than yesterday by the time all the late night shows are added up.

The BTC numbers provided yesterday were 14/28.5/26/16.5

Looks like yesterdays number was bang on. And with a 120% increase on tickets from yesterday 28.5 should happen for today.

Whatever formula BTC uses to extrapolate seems to be working so far at least.

I still think a third film will happen as Paramount will want to capitalise on Treks 50th anniversary which is in 2016, I imagine they'll hire a new director if JJ is unavailable.

Edited by Jonwo

I still think a third film will happen as Paramount will want to capitalise on Treks 50th anniversary which is in 2016.

If they lose money, they'll probably try the 100th anniversary instead. Edited by Godzilla

Then maybe you should watch Spring Breakers and Mud again.

But 911 movies are depressing because the New York thing was a real mass destructive event.

I  enjoyed the hell out of IM3, OBLIVION, and STID. But too much of this 911 imagery....for me:

GIJ2, OBLIVION, WHD, IM3, STID, OLYMPUS. 

I still think a third film will happen as Paramount will want to capitalise on Treks 50th anniversary which is in 2016, I imagine they'll hire a new director if JJ is unavailable.

That would probably mean Abrams will be a producer, not director on that film. Maybe an Abrams acolyte like Matt Reeves takes over?