theultimatebiu

WKND BO: #StarTrek $70.6M/$84.1M, IronMan3 $35.2M/$337.1M, Gatsby $23.4M/$90.2M

Now THESE are disapointments when compared to the first in terms of a gross:

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=kungfupanda2.htm

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=narnia2.htm

And while it did have a better OW, it was considered a disapointment even if it had the biggest OW of the year:

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=ironman2.htm

(I don't consider it one, but yeah)

It's "Not a Record."But I don't think anyone was thinking STID would be breaking records. Many were just hoping it would make over 100M over first 4 days.

Oh, thanks, I got the quote a bit wrong.  :P

Lately yes, even though some people were predicting 135M for 3-day OW like a month ago.

This is doing really well on Twitter and Facebook. RT rating among users is 89%. IMDB is 8.3. But still the most important numbers are the box office ones. Watch your movies people, 2013 is behind too attendance-wise.

A "Must Go" on Fandango and 7.9 on Metacritic Users

I didn't like the movie, but I don't want STiD to fail

A $21m Friday would be even more disappointing than Kung Fu Panda 2, IMO. At least that had The Hangover 2 excuse.

Yes as we all know how many kids were going to see TH2...oh wait :P

More people thought Trek was coming out on a Friday then on a Thursday. So this would of had about a 34M OD. Now I think we should wait for Saturday....

My God The Great Gatsby is still selling out shows in it's 2nd weekend. I can't wait to see the hold this baby has.

That's incredible.

How's IM3 looking E?

My God The Great Gatsby is still selling out shows in it's 2nd weekend. I can't wait to see the hold this baby has.

I went to my brothers game and a bunch, I mean a bunch of juniors and seniors near me all got up halfway and went to Gatsby. 10th graders read it at my school. I'm not surprised its still doing good.

• Like 1

That's incredible.

How's IM3 looking E?

Can't really tell. Not selling out like Gatsby.  There were a couple at Regal Union Square but everything sells out at that theater.

• Like 1

For adverting, Paramount should have built a real life Enterprise and had it orbiting Earth when the movie came out. That would really boosted the numbers for opening weekend! :ph34r:

Yeah, what gross would have been necessary then to break-even?  :D

Edited by zenithtim

So if we consider T/F it's OD-that would be about a 80M-85M OW probably. Which is a little better then the first. Given how sci-fi not named Star Wars rarley does at that level it is a good number-there are other factors also.

As much as I loved the film, I admit it should've come out last year. Too long a wait for a sleeper sequel. If this had been released like on June 1 or 8 of last year, it would've been HUGE. The Thursday opening was an utterly stupid idea too...

I went to my brothers game and a bunch, I mean a bunch of juniors and seniors near me all got up halfway and went to Gatsby. 10th graders read it at my school. I'm not surprised its still doing good.

I take it they still teach Gatsby in school or at least in America they do