31 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

That's a valid point, but still don't see what's funny about it. I'm not against it if it's for a good gag, but it really wasn't.

Fair enough. The giraffe scene in the trailer made me and a lot of people laugh and so did the red band trailer when Chow said about feeding his chickens cocaine and chicken lol. I haven't actually scene the film so maybe its actually a lot more offensive than the trailer makes out judging from the complaints.
  • Like 1

Grade: C

Saw it last night. Departing from the theme of a hangover, which is you know the "point" of this accidental franchise, really isn't such a bad thing. In context that the events of this film are a loose end from that original Hangover. It's like annulling Stu and Jad's marriage, this is just one thing they didn't know about nor were concerned with. Since it concerns Marshall, he's making it their concern. 

The blatant animal cruelty for the sake of it was just not funny. Those scenes were the quitest the audience were. The giraffe scene was a few chuckles, mostly gasped shock. When you have to write Phil's condescending line to Stu, who is showing shock(like the audience) at the giraffe news as, "Get over it, it was just a giraffe, it's funny alright"---you are admitting it's not funny, while trying to tell me it is. It's not. The loose roosters ala Hogans Alley shoot 'em up may have gotten a few more laughs but Chow just suffocating the one got silence. 

You really don't care to like Alan for much of this movie. The "he's off his meds" excuse is, I guess, supposed to be the 'out' for this but he's just a mean, uncaring asshole. Not the lovable goof of the other films. 

When you have to tell me every 10 minutes how "out of control", "how crazy", "how nuts" Chow is...is he really? You are overselling your point. These characters know Chow is crazy already....he kidnapped Doug the first time, they did Bangkok...pretty sure they should already know he's not sane. So having them say these lines repeatedly as if it's some new revelation is a overkill. 

Didn't buy the forced romance for Alan with "current hot star" Melissa McCarthy either. Again, done just to have our Wolfpack all hooked up and married. Then Alan, proclaiming the Wolfpack is over? So 6 months later is he still off his meds? That comment is from douchey off my meds Alan, not lovable Alan of the others. 

They do manage to actually include a Hangover moment that is reminiscent of that morning scene in the first Hangover. I'm guessing it's the morning after the wedding reception cause of Alan's line. I mean hey, we had to do something crazy physically to Stu...right?

The accidental franchise of which I'll only ever own the first film. 

• Like 1

The blatant animal cruelty for the sake of it was just not funny. Those scenes were the quitest the audience were. The giraffe scene was a few chuckles, mostly gasped shock. When you have to write Phil's condescending line to Stu, who is showing shock(like the audience) at the giraffe news as, "Get over it, it was just a giraffe, it's funny alright"---you are admitting it's not funny, while trying to tell me it is. It's not. The loose roosters ala Hogans Alley shoot 'em up may have gotten a few more laughs but Chow just suffocating the one got silence. 

You really don't care to like Alan for much of this movie. The "he's off his meds" excuse is, I guess, supposed to be the 'out' for this but he's just a mean, uncaring asshole. Not the lovable goof of the other films

Perfectly said CC

• Like 4

What was funny in the movie?

You know what, after waking up the next day, I have no idea what was funny. I can't remember other then one thing I liked was Alan's 'Bro' references and the part where he calls himself Stu's assistant and Phil is doing nothing.  

But this movie is already worse then I sad last night after a night of sleep. 

• Like 1

The one part I laughed at hysterically is when when Phil asks Stu if he got checked out (the reference to 2 when Stu got banged by the transvestite) and then at the end when Alan tells the gang he can't be in the wolfpack anymore.

that's it.

The one part I laughed at hysterically is when when Phil asks Stu if he got checked out (the reference to 2 when Stu got banged by the transvestite) and then at the end when Alan tells the gang he can't be in the wolfpack anymore.

that's it.

Oh yes that part was funny.

I also found it funny every time they would break the comedy and have 10 seconds of suspense music, It just doesn't feel right. I would laugh cause its bad. 

You really don't care to like Alan for much of this movie. The "he's off his meds" excuse is, I guess, supposed to be the 'out' for this but he's just a mean, uncaring asshole. Not the lovable goof of the other films

Perfectly said CC

WHAT THE FUCK? Why is that in the movie at all?

You know what, after waking up the next day, I have no idea what was funny. I can't remember other then one thing I liked was Alan's 'Bro' references and the part where he calls himself Stu's assistant and Phil is doing nothing.  

But this movie is already worse then I sad last night after a night of sleep. 

Dam I was going to see it this weekend. We almost like the same thing so I'll see fast 6 again and check h3 on free Tuesday.

Dam I was going to see it this weekend. We almost like the same thing so I'll see fast 6 again and check h3 on free Tuesday.

Good idea, I can't wait to see Fast 6 again! And yeah you should still see the Hangover cause its the Hangover, if its free or discount its worth it. But I also don't think its that bad. My exceptions were extremely low, and I was mildly pleased its not un-watchable. 

• Like 1

• Founder / Operator

Generic. Average. Boring. Mr Chow is the only thing that makes it watchable. He's funny though. I give it a very generous B-, but if it wasn't for the first two films that I loved, it would be a C.

Mr Chow is a huge reason the reason film let me down. I walked out of TH2 as somewhat of a defender in certain aspects, but the one gripe I had two years ago was "too much Chow". Instead of re-centering TH3 around the characters people keep going to see these movies for, they put a side character closer to the center.

Frankly, I think Phillips was damned if he did or didn't when it comes to repeating the "wake up after a night of debauchery" schematic, but I read an interview where he said they almost did that a third time and decided against it. Wrong move. As a black comedy, the movie is alright. As the third Hangover movie, it's hard to even call it a comedy.

Edited by ShawnMR
  • Like 2

• Founder / Operator

Where I'll give this points is the second half--it picked up from the first half of the movie in a big way (relatively), but not enough still. The tag during the credits was honestly the best part of the movie by a long shot. They should have made THAT movie.

Mr Chow is a huge reason the reason film let me down. I walked out of TH2 as somewhat of a defender in certain aspects, but the one gripe I had two years ago was "too much Chow". Instead of re-centering TH3 around the characters people keep going to see these movies for, they put a side character closer to the center.

Frankly, I think Phillips was damned if he did or didn't when it comes to repeating the "wake up after a night of debauchery" schematic, but I read an interview where he said they almost did that a third time and decided against it. Wrong move. As a black comedy, the movie is alright. As the third Hangover movie, it's hard to even call it a comedy.

What are your thoughts on Due Date? I think that was aimed to be more a black comedy and less Hangover 1. And I'm wondering if that worked for you there.

Edited by Jay Beezy

• Founder / Operator

What are your thoughts on Due Date? I think that was aimed to be more a black comedy and less Hangover 1. And I'm wondering if that worked for you there.

Completely, yes. I loved Due Date--but to be fair, it took a second viewing for me to really appreciate it. I think's that mostly because I went in with very high expectations.

• Like 1

Completely, yes. I loved Due Date--but to be fair, it took a second viewing for me to really appreciate it. I think's that mostly because I went in with very high expectations.

We were obviously expecting another Hangover 1.

And let's face it. At the time, its surface appeal was undeniable. It was Iron Man and the Hangover scene stealer buddying up together in a movie from the director of the Hangover.

Exactly how I feel about Due Date. I also liked it more after the second viewing. I thought RDJ and Zach Galifianakis bounced off each other really well, they're quite natural together.