CJohn

Thursday Numbers | The Hangover 3 - 11.8M (includes WED night) | FF6 - 6.5M (previews + midnights)

I need receipts. It didn't have any sell outs at the Regal theaters in NYC.

It's doing incredibly well in the Southeast, which is where I mostly checked. Miami, Tampa, Atlanta, New Orleans, etc. 

• Founder / Operator

Posted Image

I totally remember seeing that on Saturday morning lol. 

Bruce Almighty really had an amazing run in retrospect. I miss the peak of Carrey's box office draw.

• Like 5

• Founder / Operator

Why just in retrospect? Surely it wasn't a disappointment at the time.

Oh, definitely not. I just meant it's easy an run to forget as a comedy whose sequel didn't do that well.

Edited by ShawnMR

It's doing incredibly well in the Southeast, which is where I mostly checked. Miami, Tampa, Atlanta, New Orleans, etc. 

Atlanta Regal Atlantic had crazy sell outs tonight. I posted some earlier.  NYC seems to be the only hold out, lol.

Bruce Almighty really had an amazing run in retrospect. I miss the peak of Carrey's box office draw.

It's run got pretty quickly overshadowed by Finding Nemo. Man, May 2003 rocked the house.

I wish I had participated in the forums then. I bet the fish beating Neo caused some seismic quakes. And then the pirate went and did it too!

• Like 1

Atlanta Regal Atlantic had crazy sell outs tonight. I posted some earlier.  NYC seems to be the only hold out, lol.

It isn't doing well in DC, either. But from my experience going to college there, the only movies that really sold out in DC proper are high quality, awards type fare or super blockbusters like Iron Man. The taste in the Northeast/Mid Atlantic doesn't seem to cater to this type of movie, in alot of cases.

May 2003 was nuts. Probably the only May where every big film that came out met or exceeded expectations. (Despite Reloaded being beat, 282m in 2003 dollars for an R rated film is really good).

Edited by blackspider
  • Like 1

May 2003 was nuts. Probably the only May where every big film that came out met or exceeded expectations. (Despite Reloaded being beat, 282m in 2003 dollars for an R rated film is really good).

Oh yeah, that was a loaded May. X2, Bruce Almighty, Matrix Reloaded and Finding Nemo. Somehow they all met or exceeded expectation. Quality trumps even the crowded market.  :)  :)  :)

• Like 2