#ED

4-Day Wknd Est: FF6 - 120M; TH3 - 51.2M; STID - 47M; Epic - 42.6M; IM3 - 24.3M; TGG - 17M

Trek12 is not going sell as many tickets as Trek11 but it gross more worldwide and I don't see how it's still not a success in the Star Trek series overall. 

Yeah, it's going to do much better internationally than Star Trek(09).  It would be nice to the see the next one do really bigger numbers though since it has a better global foundation. 

Yeah, it's going to do much better internationally than Star Trek(09).  It would be nice to the see the next one do really bigger numbers though since it has a better global foundation. 

how much better is "much better" lol. Trek(09) os box office was pretty terrible. So anything is really an improvement. With 3D and expanded markets it had to do much better. 

The money will have to be made on the domestic side. This weekend's hold is a good start.

That is seriously a great hold for Trek. Should be at $185m this time next week, could be at $205-210m in 2 weeks. Sure it won't touch the previous movie, but considering everything, to get within $20m of it would be a terrific result. This time last week I thought $225m was the roof.

how much better is "much better" lol. Trek(09) os box office was pretty terrible. So anything is really an improvement. With 3D and expanded markets it had to do much better. 

The money will have to be made on the domestic side. This weekend's hold is a good start.

True.  Much better is much better though, even if it's coming off a depressingly low number.  Baby steps I guess, considering the prior films couldn't even crack $50 million internationally (and Nemesis made like $20 million :lol: ).

• Like 1

Trek will have two weekends to make as much bank as possible before Man of Steel shuts down all blockbusters.

May 31-June 2 depends on how much business After Earth draws.

June 7-9 though should be a lock for a great hold because two fairly weak-looking films open outside its main demo.

• Like 1

I think a lot us wanted Trek12 to hit over 300 Million.  The potential was there but they underestimated the competition and release date for it to happen.  Also people attention spans are way shorter now than ever.  When I was growing up it wasn't a big deal to wait 3 years for the next Star Wars movie.  Now audiences expect sequels in about 2 years top.  This is why "Fast and Furious" has done so well with the 2 years sequel gap plan they've done since 2009.  So a 4 year gap did hurt it but I still think it's doing good. 

Trek will have two weekends to make as much bank as possible before Man of Steel shuts down all blockbusters.

May 31-June 2 depends on how much business After Earth draws.

June 7-9 though should be a lock for a great hold because two fairly weak-looking films open outside its main demo.

The closer you look, the less you will actually see ;):P

• Like 1