#ED

4-Day Wknd Est: FF6 - 120M; TH3 - 51.2M; STID - 47M; Epic - 42.6M; IM3 - 24.3M; TGG - 17M

The Big Winners from this weekend:

Fast 6: After Fast Five Exploded, this one is going to increase domestic and worldwide.  It was a good follow up also.

Trek12: After a lukewarm opening to some, it seem to have stabilized and is headed to a 3x multipler.  Good hold.

Epic: I think it did pretty good and gave families some counter programming.

IM3: I may not be a Big Trevor fan but I can't lie, these weekends are literally saving IM3 butt, 400 is around the corner.

Gatsby: Everything now is only icing on the cake. 

Loser:

The Hangover III:  Fool me once, shame on me, fool me twice, shame on you.  Fool me 3 times? It seems audiences may have had enough of the series.  It still made money but it will be the lowest grossing of the franchise domestically.

• Like 2

Loser:

The Hangover III:  Fool me once, shame on me, fool me twice, shame on you.  Fool me 3 times? It seems audiences may have had enough of the series.  It still made money but it will be the lowest grossing of the franchise domestically.

But it's really only being fooled the second time since the first Hangover is still one of the best recent comedies...

WOM for F6 is PHENOMINAL and possibly the best WOM since Skyfall (IM3 angered some people and "IM3 sucks" was trending at one point). Im still not ruling out $250M for F6.

Don't you think it should have held better on Saturday if WOM was phenomenal?

Don't you think it should have held better on Saturday if WOM was phenomenal?

That is just a typical type of drop for a frontloaded film-also a franchise film that is normal.

But it's really only being fooled the second time since the first Hangover is still one of the best recent comedies...

LOL, good point, I just wanted to use the analogy.  "The Hangover" is loved.  "Hangover II and III" were both mixed as far as word of mouth.  

• Like 1

Its still good nonetheless. The 2nd weekend will be the judge, not the 2nd day.

Exactly. TDK had a huge Saturday drop-oh yeah that must of had terrible WOM.

• Like 1

Don't know if these have been posted already, but here are this morning's reported daily grosses for Fast Six from Universal:

Friday -- $38.7 mSaturday -- $31.5 mSunday -- $28.3 m est (-10%)Monday -- $23.7 m est (-16%)