#ED

4-Day Wknd Est: FF6 - 120M; TH3 - 51.2M; STID - 47M; Epic - 42.6M; IM3 - 24.3M; TGG - 17M

Man of Steel OW has everything going for it. The May movies will be dying down by then. The legs however will be complete shit. The movies ahead of it will hurt it.

Yes, some distributors only play one e.g. Focus all seem to go to Empire, other some films are given to Empire some Regaleg WB Most Regal, Sony Regal got ZDT & call, Par Empire got  H&G P&G Regal GIJ JR Stid,Fox Croods Regal rest Empireetc.These situations its a mix on deal  it might only be offered to one or film offered to both and see who comes back with best play deal (bidding for a film) or it could be contract saying we will give X films per year to one and the other.

Empire managed to get TDKR and The Avengers last year! lol...

$3 bucks for parking is worth complaining?Try $26 for a half hour next to Times Square.

:lol: Times Square parking is insane. Parking is about $4 a half hour, and $25-40 (6-6) bucks a day in Vancouver. 

Man of Steel OW has everything going for it. The May movies will be dying down by then. The legs however will be complete shit. The movies ahead of it will hurt it.

Why are you worried about MOS legs this early in the game? LOL Just enjoy this record breaking weekend. Cross the MOS bridge when we get to it.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure this is the most excited I've ever seen Gitesh.  :lol:

LOL I was thinking the same thing. "like a mofo" caught my attention.

This is an exciting weekend. Makes box office watching  fun. People are going to the movies and there is enough variety for everyone.

• Like 1

Why are you worried about MOS legs this early in the game? LOL Just enjoy this record breaking weekend. Cross the MOS bridge when we get to it.

Eh. Not a F&F fan. Although the movie was entertaining as fuck.I'm just being pulled by the MoS hype train.

This is FF6 time  B)

How's West Coast looking, E?

Edited by Sam
  • Like 1

Loving this weekend even more!!Universal has to get FF6 across $100m for the 3-day!! (Not that it's that much of an effort after the Saturday hold)

Edited by Robertron of Oz
  • Like 1

Eh. Not a F&F fan. Although the movie was entertaining as fuck.I'm just being pulled by the MoS hype train.

It's okay I guess. I'm here for the record breaking memorial weekend though, lol. This is awesome!

• Like 2

It's okay I guess. I'm here for the record breaking memorial weekend though, lol. This is awesome!

Do you mean biggest Memorial Day numbers of all time, or biggest 3-day weekend of all time?

This is FF6 time  B)

How's West Coast looking, E?

As already stated, OC sucks, lol.

But I'm more impressed with Texas (your state) at the moment. Particularly the Houston area.  Sell outs galore.

Anyway, Long Beach is up to 15 sell outs and still has 8 shows to go!

Southgate is up to 12 sell outs with 1 more show to go.

Ontario Mountain Village

8 sellouts. Done for the night.

Ontario Palace

8 sell outs  4 shows to go

I don't usually Check AMC but I did click on a couple of showtimes that were sold out at the Block at Orange.

They have an ungodly number of showtimes but I have no idea how many sold out since they don't cross out the show times on Fandango. Since rth suggested I check it I'm assuming it's been selling out all day.  They still have 8 shows left.

• Like 1

Do you mean biggest Memorial Day numbers of all time, or biggest 3-day weekend of all time?

I don't know which. I don't even know if it's a record. I'm hoping it will be.

The 3-day weekend aggregate record is 50/50 at this point. Total grosses need to hit $270m.

The 4-day MDW record, though, is totally smashed. Very good chance it could be the biggest even adjusted for inflation (2004 with $317m)

Edited by Biggestgeekever

Biggest cumulative 3-Day weekend is 269 million isn't it? Set the weekend of Sherlock, Alvin 2, It's Complicated, and Avatar's 2nd or 3rd weekend which was like a 4th opener.