Punishment

Tue Numbers: F6 8.1, HO3 4.2, STID 3.4, Epic 2.3, GG 1.6

What an absolute injustice and slap in the face to the history of cinema and all things holy that The Hangover III can make up a few percentage points on Fast & Furious 6 and on a Wednesday no less!!!  I might just have to stop watching movies all together for good now. 

Thanks a lot Hangover III.

Oh the horrors of only making $420m!!!

It is entertaining in the broad sense but IM3 success is kinda disconcerting for the future standard of Marvel movies. 

IM3 should end up with $370-375 million but its breaching $400 mill would send signal to studios: "Hey, look, we don't

have to try so hard.." Based on what is onscreen, IM3 only deserves to make what SM4(TASM) did last year $260 million.

IM1 is still the best, half of IM2 is still better than the uneven IM3. I hope Marvel/Disney would strive for the genuine myth

making of Nolan's BATMANs

It is entertaining in the broad sense but IM3 success is kinda disconcerting for the future standard of Marvel movies. 

IM3 should end up with $370-375 million but its breaching $400 mill would send signal to studios: "Hey, look, we don't

have to try so hard.." Based on what is onscreen, IM3 only deserves to make what SM4(TASM) did last year $260 million.

IM1 is still the best, half of IM2 is still better than the uneven IM3. I hope Marvel/Disney would strive for the genuine myth

To each his own... Didn't much care for Nolan's Batman flicks. Much prefer Batman and Batman Returns. That said, I did enjoy The Dark Knight. To say they didn't try very hard with Iron Man Three presumes far too much. It's borderline offensive honestly to just assume Black, Downey and Co. "didn't try so hard." It's just a different a style of filmmaking than Nolan. I'm sure Shane Black made an honest attempt to make very best Shane Black Iron Man he could. Just as Nolan did with Batman. Of all the Marvel superhero films, including Raimi's Spidey movies, I'd place Iron Man Three third or fourth behind only Spider-man 2, The Avengers and, maybe, Iron Man.

And, again, while I wasn't keen on Nolan's take on Batman, it hardly bothers me that his franchise grossed billions of dollars. So, again, because you believe Iron Man Three's "uneven," it doesn't deserve $400M+ D and/or $1.2B+ WW? I'd argue that both Batman Begins and, especially, Dark Knight Rises are more uneven films than Iron Man Three. Much more...

Edited by JohnnyGossamer
  • Like 4

To each his own... Didn't much care for Nolan's Batman flicks. Much prefer Batman and Batman Returns. I did, however, enjoy The Dark Knight. To say they didn't try very hard with Iron Man Three incredibly presumes far too much. It's borderline offensive honestly to just assume Black, Downey and Co. "didn't try so hard." It's just a different a style of filmmaking than Nolan. I'm sure Shane Black made an honest attempt to make very best Shane Black Iron Man he could. Just as Nolan did with Batman. Of all the Marvel films, including Raimi's Spidey movies, I'd place Iron Man Three third or fourth behind only Spider-man 2, The Avengers and, maybe, Iron Man.And, again, while I wasn't keen on Nolan's take on Batman, it hardly bothers me that his franchise grossed billions of dollars. So, because you believe Iron Man Three's "uneven," it doesn't deserve $400M+ D and/or $1.2B+ WW? I'd argue that both Batman Begins and, especially, Dark Knight Rises are more uneven films than Iron Man Three. Much more...

Don't bother. When one says Marvel (or pretty much any other superhero movies) has to follow the style of Nolan's Bat, the post is already full of biased worshipping. You cannot budge and talk logic with them.
  • Like 7

Who are you or anybody else for that matter to say what a film deserves to make. It makes what it makes because people want to or don't want to see it. The people have spoken.

• Like 6

Don't bother. When one says Marvel (or pretty much any other superhero movies) has to follow the style of Nolan's Bat, the post is already full of biased worshipping. You cannot budge and talk logic with them.

So true. It's like a cult, lol.

• Like 1