#ED

Weekend Estimate #s FF6: 34.5 NYSM 27.8 AE: 27.3 TH3: 15.9

IM3 2.2!? Wtf

It's not only IM3. STID, HO3, F6, Epic and TGG all had massive drops from last Friday. Something depressed the market on Friday as new openers only amounted for 20M so clearly it wasn't them. 

• Like 1

This is what happens on a post-record-holiday weekend when too much competition overwhelms the market.

I guess that's as good an explanation as any for these massive drops from last Friday. Studios should be less stubborn in the future and move some of these movies around.

Edited by druv10
  • Like 3

People who saw F&F Vl enjoyed it. But like what I said, wom was so-so since the audience didn't really grow.

I also think FF is just a frontloaded series like Twilight.  Everyone goes out and checks it out but repeat business won't be strong.  I think WOM for FF6 has been good though but again I don't know about repeat business.  But the whole weekend looks weak to me overall even for the new films. 

• Like 2

I guess that's as good an explanation as any for these massive drops from last Friday. Studios should be less stubborn in the future and move some of these movies around.

May 2014 looks fine.

Ehh... it's going to drop big time from this May, IMO. I'm not convinced next May is going to be that great. Line-up is shaky.

I can only agree. April looks much stronger though, so that'll make up for it.