#ED

Wknd Est: Purge - 36.6M; FF6 - 19.7M; NYSM - 19.5M; Intern - 18.1M; Epic - 12.1M; STiD- 11.7M;

With MU coming in two weeks?

It ain't dropping 70%+ because of MU...... Madagascar 3 only dropped 42% during the weekend in which Brave was released. At most I'm seeing is a 50% drop for Epic during MU. And it still has 1 more weekend left before MU. Edited by Godzilla

Bit too high, methinks. Keep in mind the competition it has coming up.

True regarding competition but MU will give it a big boost in 2 weeks, same studio and Disney usually expands movies on LD weekend so 415M is definitely doable.  :D

• Like 1

Yeah, they look similar. THE PURGE looks better though.

The Purge has a better marketing gimmick, but doesn't even come within a galaxy of how good You're Next is. But yeah, it's not going to fair as well. Which is a damn shame.

It ain't dropping 70%+ because of MU......Madagascar 3 only dropped 42% during the weekend in Whig Brave was released. At most I'm seeing is a 50% drop for Epic during MU. And it still has 1 more weekend left before MU.

I didn't say it would drop 70%.

EPIC is going to be at 85 M after a more or less 13.2 M weekend. You expect it to make 35 M - 45 M more? Would be great though, I'm just not sure if it's possible.

Edit: Guru has it at 15 M for the weekend. 120 M is possible.

Edited by kayumanggi

The Purge has a better marketing gimmick, but doesn't even come within a galaxy of how good You're Next is.But yeah, it's not going to fair as well. Which is a damn shame.

Wait, have you seen YOU'RE NEXT?

I didn't say it would drop 70%. EPIC is going to be at 85 M after a more or less 13.2 M weekend. You expect it to make 35 M - 45 M more? Would be great though, I'm just not sure if it's possible. Edit: Guru has it at 15 M for the weekend. 120 M is possible.

Your original question was if Epic was going to cross 100M and the only way it won't do that if it drops like 70%+ next weekends, which it won't happen. Robots (2005) - 17 day total - 87M (128M final domestic total) Epic - 17 day total - 85-88M (120M gross is probable)

Your original question was if Epic was going to cross 100M and the only way it won't do that if it drops like 70%+ next weekends, which it won't happen.Robots (2005) - 17 day total - 87M (128M final domestic total)Epic - 17 day total - 85-88M (120M gross is probable)

Yeah, 100 M is a lock.

ROBOTS was a March film though. Don't get me wrong, I want EPIC to do well because I have it in my top 15 in Baumer's game.

• Founder / Operator

True regarding competition but MU will give it a big boost in 2 weeks, same studio and Disney usually expands movies on LD weekend so 415M is definitely doable.  :D

I know, but it still has Man of Steel to get through. That Disney boost could be offset.

I can tell you what went right for the Purge: No matter how it was executed, it had an interesting concept, and it did an incredible job marketing to young people and gaining hype on social media. Buzz was huge for this movie.