Dementeleus

Man of Steel (2013)

Man of Steel (2013)  

189 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

First everyone complained about,too little action in Superman Returns, now too much action in Man of Steel. It's not like Terminator 3 where the action Scenes are boring.

if you're referring to me, I never said that SR had too little action, in fact I think SR is way better than MOS. They didn't need an action sequence in Krypton (it would be acceptable if a bit shorter) , Superman saving those oil workers wasn't needed, Smallville sequence could've been a bit shorter as well. Shaky cam only makes things worse.

Edited by Goffe

The action in MOS was good in the Town as that was a different kind of an action scene and the Women was quie an epic character and seemed to easily best SuperMan.

That was more of a fun action scene like in Transformers 1.

The big city scene was good when it was a disaster scene but when Zod and Superman started fighting it was just Superman Punch!!  Zod punch X1000000^9989898..

Saw the film again.

The destruction seemed way over the top at first watch, but I'm guessing two raging supermen fighting each other would do a lot of damage.

Also, in a way I feel really bad for General Zod. You could kind of sympathize with him. Lost his home planet and all his people, and as he stated, his only job was to protect Krypton. 

Edited by BoxOfficeZ
  • Like 2

Also, in a way I feel really bad for General Zod. You could kind of sympathize with him. Lost his home planet and all his people, and as he stated, his only job was to protect Krypton. 

I liked him too, for the same reasons you mentioned above. Definitively one of the best superhero villains

Edited by Goffe
  • Like 1

Saw the film again.

The destruction seemed way over the top at first watch, but I'm guessing two raging supermen fighting each other would do a lot of damage.

He wanted to kill everyone on our planet, how could you sympathize with someone like that??

• Like 1

I'm glad I wasn't the only one to get a bit distracted with that

Me and my friends did a drinking game. A shot of Tequila each time Snyder does a zoom in/Zoom out. Needless to say we were drunk by the time Clark's pod crashed on Earth...

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 1

Superman Returns > Man of Steel 

I don't agree. Superman Returns was not good at all. Too faithful to the Donner films instead of updating for the 21st century (is buffoon Lex Luthor with a lame re-visitation of the real estate scam and a guy who was basically trying to ape Christopher Reeve's mannerisms exactly what we need for a new and fresh series?) had probably one of the worst endings ever. Superman having a kid. Great sequel hook. Not. 

Edited by John Marston

I don't agree. Superman Returns was not good at all. Too faithful to the Donner films instead of updating for the 21st century (is buffoon Lex Luthor and a guy who was basically trying to ape Christopher Reeve's mannerisms exactly what we need for a new and fresh series?) had probably one of the worst endings ever. Superman having a kid. Great sequel hook. Not. 

To be fair, he's not saying that it was good. He's saying it's better than MoS. Not a difficult task.

• Like 2

Watched it on Blu Ray today ... I really enjoyed it. 

I think I gave it an A- when I voted the first time ... I'd probably say still a B+/A- for me ... main area where improvements can be had are in the dialogue ... of course, unless Affleck gives it a look over, that will probably continue to be a weak point.

That blu ray extra 'Planet Krypton' really tease the notion of Doomsday, Lex Luthor, and Star Labs playing a role in the upcoming films in the universe.

I preferred it over Iron Man 3 by a good margin ... and a just a little bit over Thor: The Dark World and The Wolverine.

Edited by Adam