Dementeleus

Man of Steel (2013)

Man of Steel (2013)  

189 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

I watched this movie in Theatre a total of 11 times, and I have the Blue-Ray set now....still enjoying it. Best Superhero Movie of all Time -- Hands down. :bouncy:

I think we shall have to politely disagree on that front.

I wouldn't call it the greatest, but in my eyes, it's one of the greater ones. For me, It's in the top 3 CMB.

Well, for me it's in the top 3 worst CBM movies. For many many reasons.

I still really like this movie. Cavill was a great Superman, Costner and Crowe were great as the father figures, the supporting cast was great and I thought it was great to finally see Superman cut loose and display his powers to the fullest on the big screen. In fact I really liked this a lot.  Looking forward to the next one but I honestly would prefer a proper sequel to this than a Batman/Superman movie already

Edited by John Marston
  • Like 1

So it's a worse made movie than Batman and Robin, Ghost Rider 1 and 2, Catwoman, X Men Last Stand, Fantastic Four 1 and 2?

It may not be a worse made film than those (assuming we're talking about visual effects + production values here), but I got more entertainment out of most of those than I did MoS, whether it be a decent fight scene or some stuff that's so stupid it's funny (*cough* Batman and Robin *cough*). MoS's fight scenes were too packed with shakey cam and quickly devolved into boring grey blurs and the story/dialogue/characters were so very bland. And when it wasn't being bland it was being infuriatingly stupid.

Edited by rukaio101
  • Like 1

it is hard to tell what the exact thoughts on MOS are. Some people seem to hate it and think it is one of the worst superhero movies but many also seemed to love it and rank it on top

Bit early to tell, at least audience wise. After it first released, I definitely would've said that people who hated the film were in the minority but public opinion has somewhat soured since release and now it's difficult to say whether it'll be overall loved or hated by the fandom. I suspect people who hate it are still in the minority, but the gap is (hopefully) getting closer.

Also, I can't be the only one who laughed at Lordmandeep's post, pointing to the post above, starting the new page.