#ED

REVISED Weekend Estimates 6/14--6/16: Man of Steel OW $116.7M($128.7M including WM)

Of course it should be questioned.

Someone link me to where:Its Proven that Walmart gave tickets out.Walmart paid WB 12M instead of actual ticket sales.Not everybody at once.

Midnights-OD:

TDKR:$30.6m-OD:$75.7m

Avengers:$18.7m-OD:$80.8m

TDK:$18m-OD:$67.1m

IM3:$15.6m-OD:$69.8m

Spider-Man 3: $10m-OD:$59.8m

MoS:$9m

TASM(another reboot):$7.5m-OD:$35m

IM2:$7.5-OD:$51.2m

Spider-Man:$7m-OD:$39.4m

X-Men:The Last Stand:$5.6m-OD:$45.1m

Spider-Man 2:$5m-OD:$40.4m

X-Men Origins:Wolverine:$5m-OD:$34.4m

Watchmen:$4.55m-OD:$24.5m

Edited by efialtes76
  • Like 5

The whole "family vibe" can't apply to every tentpole, and MOS doesn't seem like that movie.

That's like saying The Great Gatsby could hold well on Saturday because, sicne it's PG-13, it's a "family film."

Comparing MoS with TGG is pretty ridiculous.  Has nothing to do with rating, most tentpoles AIM to be 4 quadrant.  I think MoS can be one of them.  If you're going to compare films at least stick with the superhero genre.

Next Avengers 2, Marvel/Disney sells tickets for 20M to Apple, 20M to Walmart, 20M to (random corporation) so Disney/Marvel claim 60M in previews no matter if those retailers did resale those tickets to an audience or not, would you be ok with that?

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 4

Someone link me to where:Its Proven that Walmart gave tickets out.Walmart paid WB 12M instead of actual ticket sales.Not everybody at once.

I'm waiting.

Next Avengers 2, Marvel/Disney sells 20M to Apple, 20M to Walmart, 20M to so Disney/Marvel claim 60M in previews no matter if those retailers did resale those tickets to an audience or not, would you be ok with that?

It doesn't matter if it's fair. It's legal.

It'd be swindling buyers, but it's still perfectly legal.

Next Avengers 2, Marvel/Disney sells tickets for 20M to Apple, 20M to Walmart, 20M to (random corporation) so Disney/Marvel claim 60M in previews no matter if those retailers did resale those tickets to an audience or not, would you be ok with that?

350 m ow !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 4

Walmart bought 1 million tickets from WB at the price of $12 million. The plan at walmart was to resell them, but apparently that didn't work out so well and many were just given away.

Maybe you know this, but WM still wins cause it got more customers in the store who end up buying other things, too. Great marketing strategy for big businesses.
  • Like 1

• Founder / Operator

MOS will be more frontloaded because kids are beginning to get out of school, whereas IM3 school was still in full force.

Other than that, pretty accurate analysis.

Thinking $95-98M for MOS, $107-110M previews included.

I think the school factor will be outweighed by Father's Day and IM3's nature as a sequel (bit more front-loaded).

• Like 3

So this thread already has almost 300 posts, lol.

Good job WB for that Walmart deal.  12m guaranteed is the most savvy deal I've ever seen.

And MOS raked it in for midnights without it. 9m is nothing to sneeze at.

• Like 1

• Founder / Operator

Lol Shawn im3 Saturday boost and mos Sunday boost cancel each other out though.

Lol, you'd argue with a brick wall if you could.

;)

I don't get your point though?

Edited by ShawnMR
  • Like 1

Sorry we won't see another deal like that. Walmart ended up giving tickets away. I don't see any other retailer trying to get stuck with a bunch of unsold tickets.

• Like 1