#ED

REVISED Weekend Estimates 6/14--6/16: Man of Steel OW $116.7M($128.7M including WM)

Watched MoS at midnight again last night and loved it just as much. 

Anyway, Nikki has updates: http://www.deadline.com/2013/06/man-of-steel-beginning-worldwide-release-record-opening-day-in-the-philippines/

My sources have now increased their estimates to $51M Friday, $124.4M for the three-day weekend, and $134.4M for the four-day cume through Sunday. The only other movie in the North American marketplace in wide release, Sony/Columbia Pictures’ This Is The End (3,055 theaters) which opened Wednesday as a counter-programming apocalyptic comedy is looking like $8M for Friday, $20.8M for the 3-day weekend, and $33.1M for the 5-day cume.

Edited by grim22
  • Like 7

IDAY 7:30 PM, 3RD UPDATE: It’s already setting records for the biggest opening for June and the second biggest weekend openingr of 2013 as Warner Bros’ and Legendary Pictures’ Man Of Steel (4,207 theaters with 3D in 3,357 venues) is flying high at the domestic box office today. My sources have now increased their estimates to $51M Friday, $124.4M for the three-day weekend, and $134.4M for the four-day cume through Sunday. The only other movie in the North American marketplace in wide release, Sony/Columbia Pictures’ This Is The End (3,055 theaters) which opened Wednesday as a counter-programming apocalyptic comedy is looking like $8M for Friday, $20.8M for the 3-day weekend, and $33.1M for the 5-day cume. Refined numbers later.

Anyone else get the feeling that this is gonna end up hitting 55m today?

Keeps going up. First it was 42, then 47, now 51. Maybe it might. West Coast must be doing really well.

This is amazing for a reboot.

Edited by BoxOfficeZ

The weekend trip I was supposed to be on got cancelled due to bad weather on the coast, at least the MoS numbers did not disappoint.

Also, if it can climb a bit more in Friday estimates, the Friday number may be greater than Green Lantern's opening weekend. Too early to make a call though. 

The weekend trip I was supposed to be on got cancelled due to bad weather on the coast, at least the MoS numbers did not disappoint.

Also, if it can climb a bit more in Friday estimates, the Friday number may be greater than Green Lantern's opening weekend. Too early to make a call though. 

Haha, yeah, that's looking VERY possible. Poor GL. lol.