#ED

REVISED Weekend Estimates 6/14--6/16: Man of Steel OW $116.7M($128.7M including WM)

Even if it doesn't make $300m DOM I feel that MoS is back to the main league regardless, good reviews or not. Let's just hope for better character development and some true ramifications from his acts in the sequel.

Superman never left the big boys, he just took a step back but he's back. :D

I expect much more from him in the sequel and in JL, character wise.  :D

• Like 1

Waiting for WB to announce MOS ll for July 2015.

Considering this made more in 1.1 days than SR did in 3.1(even adjusted), I think that's inevitable now.

Edited by Accursed Arachnid!™
  • Like 1

Got back from the movie tonight, we quite enjoyed it. How the heck is this movie rated worse than Superman Returns on rottentomatoes? MOS was about a trillion times more entertaining than that piece of crap!

This should be quite a crowd-pleaser with good WOM.

Got back from the movie tonight, we quite enjoyed it. How the heck is this movie rated worse than Superman Returns on rottentomatoes? MOS was about a trillion times more entertaining than that piece of crap!.

Cus critics have gotten more aloof and esoteric in recent years.
  • Like 2

I didn't drown in the bus. Thank you Clark.

I think Gopher's thoughts most closely mirror mine. The pacing is all sorts of awkward, sometimes it's fine, other times it just doesn't feel right. Obviously the action is spectacular and some of the beats it tries to hit emotionally do connect, but often times it's also unearned. The storytelling is 2nd rate Batman Begins Nolan more or less. But the individual pieces are really good. The actors do a fine job, the action is good, I think the story angle is great, but it doesn't quite come together into the superhero classic it could have been. I can see why many would like Zimmer's score, and why so many would dislike it. Non-fans of Zimmer will get something that is more or less an F U to them, while fans will love it. I thought several themes worked, but at the same time, definitely a lot of background noise, with a shit load of drums and brass to destroy your ears. B overall for the movie.

The Dolby Atmos. My god.

And 50-55 million? Oh my.

Edited by #MrPink of Steel
  • Like 2

Pretty much ends all debate of how powerful RT score really is. 3 biggest OW's movie scores are 78%, 57% and 71%. Also, strong kudos to WB marketing, they did a splendid job.  :bravo:  :bravo:  :bravo:

What movies are those?
  • Like 1

It would have to have NEW MOON-esque legs to miss $300m now, and even then summer days would probably carry it over.

Yeah, unless all of these numbers we're getting right now are somehow bogus, this thing is going to crush 300 M domestic. If it has really nice legs, we could be talking about 400 M imo.

Edited by Eraserhead
  • Like 1

Saw it again ... still say 8.5/10 or say B+/A-.  Just incredible last hour, but a slow middle section at times.

These #'s are awe inspiring if they hold.  The idea that this film could challenge Iron Man 3 opening day (even if they don't technically count) is just insanity.

Hopefully closer to that 55 million and we get 67 total ... but think, even if only 50, that's 62 MILLION for Superman. :)

Now, we'll likely get Flash & Wonder Woman. :D

This has been my most excited following box office since Avengers ... and before that probably TDK ... TDKR was going to be great, but the mood was just dead for me after the news. :

Edited by agkman

Good time to be out in SF. Beautiful night except I'm too busy trying to wash the crow with tequila! ;)Congrats again to MoS fans. Looks like your getting the BO success you've been looking for!! G'nute. Gonna njoy the nite after a long day :D

• Like 1

DC untitled 2015

DC untitled 2015

DC untitled 2015

DC untitled 2016

DC untitled 2016

DC untitled 2016

DC untitled 2017

DC untitled 2017

DC untitled 2018

DC untitled 2018

DC untitled 2018

DC untitled 2019-2067

k, CJohn you can make a thread for all of these now, I think its a safe bet.

Edited by jandrew
  • Like 2

Got back from the movie tonight, we quite enjoyed it. How the heck is this movie rated worse than Superman Returns on rottentomatoes? MOS was about a trillion times more entertaining than that piece of crap!

This should be quite a crowd-pleaser with good WOM.

Superman Returns was more of a tribute to the original Superman movies which older critics loved, but this one was a more modern Superman and tried something a little different.  Considering how important and influential the first two are, the fact that this took a different route, 57% on RT isn't too bad.