#ED

REVISED Weekend Estimates 6/14--6/16: Man of Steel OW $116.7M($128.7M including WM)

That sounds like a sure bet to me. Could do a bit more if friday is higher.

Oh..and you forgot to add the 12 mill to the 126 :)

We should be looking at a 140 mill OW

Looks like our MoS/IM3 will be interesting

If the $12m gets added to the Opening Day and follows GL drop pattern, it could be $157m. 

We're pretty much looking at $126-$157m opening weekend, and like I said earlier, two June films opened above $100m ($110m and $102m, respectively), and both grossed over $400m ($415m and $402m, respectively). 

So, I think with even a $126m opening weekend, MOS can really give IM3 a run for it's money, and you know what that means, right..?  :shades:

• Like 1

If the $12m gets added to the Opening Day and follows GL drop pattern, it could be $157m. 

We're pretty much looking at $126-$157m opening weekend, and like I said earlier, two June films opened above $100m ($110m and $102m, respectively), and both grossed over $400m ($415m and $402m, respectively). 

So, I think with even a $126m opening weekend, MOS can really give IM3 a run for it's money, and you know what that means, right..?  :shades:

Payback :censored:

• Like 2

This is great because it really would've been a shame if it somehow underperformed and DC was left out cold.  If DC can get the right writers/directors there's a good amount of characters...can't wait till someone does the Flash right.  And of course seeing batman (hopefully Bale even though i doubt it) and supes on screen together would be so epic...if done right. 

The BO for this movie is just showing that SR totally went in the wrong direction-whether you think its good or not-it didn't connect to the younger generations by trying to stay too true to the older films.  This one is balls to the wall superman showing off how much of a beast he is-and again whether you like it or not-it made superman "cool".  The main thing it got right was focusing on what supes can do when facing enemies ready to kill off earth...he'd beat their ass up close and personal

Edited by holcs
  • Like 1

MoS was selling out showings all day at our local theater here. A few people I knew that went said the audience loved it to.

Mr. Kent and Mr. Stark have decided that the summer belongs to whichever one edges the other out. Abrams your year will come 2015. Sorry Mr. Pitt and Mr. Tatum, it's over.

• Like 1

The MOS Sequel should include anyone other than Lex Luthor for the umpteenth time.. How about Brainiac or Doomsday???

I'd like Brainiac, but I want Lex in the sequel ... just not as the MAIN villain ... need another one ... either Metallo or Braniac for that.

Darkseid for Justice League or World's Finest.

Edited by agkman

The MOS Sequel should include anyone other than Lex Luthor for the umpteenth time.. How about Brainiac or Doomsday???

Completely agree.

But we all know he will come..

The movie also hinted it

MoS was selling out showings all day at our local theater here. A few people I knew that went said the audience loved it to.

Mr. Kent and Mr. Stark have decided that the summer belongs to whichever one edges the other out. Abrams your year will come 2015. Sorry Mr. Pitt and Mr. Tatum, it's over.

Abrams can console himself with the fact that his movie was a lot better than MOS or IM3, qualitatively speaking.  

• Like 1