#ED

REVISED Weekend Estimates 6/14--6/16: Man of Steel OW $116.7M($128.7M including WM)

top OS markets

UK $17.1 million

Mexico $9.8 million

South Korea $8.8 million.

Philippines 5.6M

India 3.5m

Malaysia 3m

This is not beating IRON MAN lll nor THE AVENGERS in my country. Might finish with 10 M. Still huge.

Me. I called it a disappointment for not being able to pay off our national debt within one weekend. I'm sorry I don't confirm to your standards of expecting a movie to perform realistically nor do I consider the feats of reviving an all-but-dead film franchise, breaking OW June records, and outperforming most Superman films "impressive".

So, damn it, ban1o, call me an idiot. Just remember who can apply the first three letters of your name to you.

There is so much win here :lol: 

Me. I called it a disappointment for not being able to pay off our national debt within one weekend. I'm sorry I don't confirm to your standards of expecting a movie to perform realistically nor do I consider the feats of reviving an all-but-dead film franchise, breaking OW June records, and outperforming most Superman films "impressive".

So, damn it, ban1o, call me an idiot. Just remember who can apply the first three letters of your name to you.

:huh:Posted Image

:ban:

Agreed.   I don't think MoS was very good and the RT score is rotten....and it's still going to make over 300 million domestic.   That shows that Supes is a very profitable character.    Imagine Thor, Capt America, Green Lantern, Hulk, or X-men doing this with a mediocre movie....it just would not happen.

again I have to ask

is  this up to rottentomatoes top critics to determine what is and what is not a good movie? how about  people(world) outside their cycle(their cycle about over 40 men and women) ?

does movie industry exist only to meet up the taste of 40 men and women?

how many people will disgree that?----for movie industry, a movie which common people like it, is a good movie

-----------------------------------

ps which one can represent "most of the public"?

40 men and women from the website or hundreds thousands people from internet?

the latter may not represent "most of the public", but the former ?definitely not

movies are not made to pleasing those 40 men and women only,movies are made to pleasing huge number of people (more than those 40)

Edited by rickfox

Interesting little comment from Nikki:

Pic packed a strong opening punch because of the 3D premium and immense wannasee sparked by masterful marketing. It took Nolan’s involvement to make Superman cool again (finally).

So Nolan is a god for Warner Brothers now. That is 4 hugely profitable movies in a row for WB with his name attached.

feel sorry for you, Hang in there

Don't feel, they will have Catching Fire one full week before everyone else  <_<  -_- :P

Edited by CJohn

Interesting little comment from Nikki:

So Nolan is a god for Warner Brothers now. That is 4 hugely profitable movies in a row for WB with his name attached.

Nolan's at the point in his career where he can just roll up into Warner Brothers and be all like "MUTHAFUCKERS, I WANNA ADAPT BURGER KING INTO A MOVIE!" and they'd give him $200 million to do it.

• Like 6

Nolan's at the point in his career where he can just roll up into Warner Brothers and be all like "MUTHAFUCKERS, I WANNA ADAPT BURGER KING INTO A MOVIE!" and they'd give him $200 million to do it.

I think they should do like someone on here said. Change the name from Warner Brothers to Nolan Brothers and then they would never have to worry about him leaving for another studio. :lol:

• Community Manager

I...I...

I want to see a Nolan Burger King movie now.

""Because he's the king that Burgerland deserves, but not the one it needs right now... and so we'll hunt him... because he can take it... because he's not a ruler... he's a silent guardian, a watchful protector... a Burger King..."

• Like 9

I...I...

""Because he's the king that Burgerland deserves, but not the one it needs right now... and so we'll hunt him... because he can take it... because he's not a ruler... he's a silent guardian, a watchful protector... a Burger King..."

I now want to see it too :lol:

I...I...

Him Vs. The Joker

Posted Image

• Like 1

I think they should do like someone on here said. Change the name from Warner Brothers to Nolan Brothers and then they would never have to worry about him leaving for another studio. :lol:

Here's the question I'm pondering and maybe somebody can answer this. Is Nolan's relationship with WB or with Legendary Pictures/Entertainment. If they split from WB will Nolan continue with projects with them? Or is the chance for Nolan to get his own production deal through WB?