#ED

REVISED Weekend Estimates 6/14--6/16: Man of Steel OW $116.7M($128.7M including WM)

• Founder / Operator

So a Saturday increase without midnights? Hmm. Any reports?

Nah, just liking the potential it has with families -- especially outside major cities.

Edited by ShawnMR

So a Saturday increase without midnights? Hmm. Any reports?

It is Saturday. We won't get any BO reports till midnight or tomorrow. In the meantime, let's work to get this thread to 250 pages, need the points  :D

Re-posting:

That Great Gatsby # is a BOM mistake, it made $500,000 on Friday.

42 is the WB film that made $180,000 on Friday.

That makes much more sense and of course, accurate.

So with 500k Friday, what's it looking at for the weekend? 1.7M+

• Like 1

They make up for it by paying all of their cast and crew not named Robert Downey Jr. like a tiny independent studio on the brink of closure. :D

Lol. Well it seems like Avengers 2 is on track (so far :P). I'm guessing RDJ has somehow convinced or is in the process of convincing Marvel to spread the wealth a bit better with his co-starts. Crossing my fingers--for Marvel's sake, the actors' sake, and for ours. Coz goddammit i wanna see Avengers 2!

• Like 1

Did you watch it yet?

Yep, saw it really late last night. Enjoyed it a lot, but the sound was way too loud for my taste. Looking forward to the Blu-ray where I can have control over the volume. The IMAX screen is amazing. For those of you needing a real IMAX screen in Vegas, I can now confirm that the IMAX at the Palms Hotel is legit. Seats were very close to the screen and the screen was probably 50 feet tall with a more square shape than the HDTV shape you see in LieMAX theaters. Definitely a real IMAX theater and I am happy I got to see the visuals on such a big ass screen.

• Like 2

Yep, saw it really late last night. Enjoyed it a lot, but the sound was way too loud for my taste. Looking forward to the Blu-ray where I can have control over the volume. The IMAX screen is amazing. For those of you needing a real IMAX screen in Vegas, I can now confirm that the IMAX at the Palms Hotel is legit. Seats were very close to the screen and the screen was probably 50 feet tall with a more square shape than the HDTV shape you see in LieMAX theaters. Definitely a real IMAX theater and I am happy I got to see the visuals on such a big ass screen.

You saw it in Imax 2D right? Glad you enjoyed it!

Edited by ECSTASY

Haven't read the article yet, but does this mean Spielberg is going to put his son in a boat and send him to Bollywood?

Haha not quite, but close  ;) . He talks about high-budget high-risk movies (i.e. blockbuster tentpoles) eventually needing to charge much more for tickets than (relatively) low-budget non-CG fare. On the order of something like $25 to $7 respectively. Hey it's not the audience's fault that Hollywood execs can't find the pulse of the GA and are green-lighting stupid shit they shouldn't have spent a dime on in the first place.

It is Saturday. We won't get any BO reports till midnight or tomorrow. In the meantime, let's work to get this thread to 250 pages, need the points  :D

Okay so to go towards the customary stage of going off topic.

I watched Super Man returns last night, mother of suck. 

You saw it in Imax 2D right? Glad you enjoyed it!

Yep, IMAX 2D. It looked awesome. I had a scary moment though when I went up to the ticket counter. Told the lady I had bought my tickets online but forgot to pack them in my luggage, so she ran my credit card to re-print the tickets. Then she reached for 3D glasses. I started panicking in my mind. I was like, "But they told me on the phone this showtime was not 3D." So I told her I didn't think it was supposed to be 3D and she goes, "Oh yeah, you're right." Sigh of relief!

• Like 1

Among films that are not direct sequels, #ManOfSteel had 3rd biggest opening day ever after Avengers & HungerGames.

https://twitter.com/giteshpandya/status/345942042465144832

If they're talking films that aren't direct sequels, then Avengers should only kinda be on that list.  I mean...  Shit I don't know what I mean, but it didn't exactly come out of nowhere.

If they're talking films that aren't direct sequels, then Avengers should only kinda be on that list.  I mean...  Shit I don't know what I mean, but it didn't exactly come out of nowhere.

Avengers is the most elaborate sequel in history.  :lol: The "direct" part seems to be there just so Gitesh can include Avengers.

Edited by Biggestgeekever