#ED

REVISED Weekend Estimates 6/14--6/16: Man of Steel OW $116.7M($128.7M including WM)

When was the last time a blockbuster increased on a Sunday?Everyone relax. I'm sure RTH will have a better number in about 3 hours lolEither way Sunday is getting past 32.7M.

My guess is Valentines Day from 2010, but that was because that Sunday was Valentines Day.

yeah I'm good. Technically SM still has the record for the highest OW for the first live action outing of a superhero.  :D Meaningless record, I know.  :P

Actually that's huge to me. I remember the Saturday clearly driving around Ontario Mills trying to find a parking space at the AMC 30. Had to park 1/2 a mile away. There will never be another experience like that. It was huge!

• Like 2

No need for "spin" control from Sony. Spider-Man shattered every opening record on the books with an unprecedented $114.8 million weekend. Never before in Hollywood history has a movie grossed over $100 million in its first three days, not even when taking ticket price inflation into account. To put that figure into further perspective, uber-blockbusters Stars Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace and Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone took 5 days to hit that mark.

Totally forgot about that.

• Like 5

With all this talk of SM1, let's take a look back: http://boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=1157&p=.htm Brandon Gray was a much better box office analyst than Ray Subers.

I do love this part:

Never before in Hollywood history has a movie grossed over $100 million in its first three days, not even when taking ticket price inflation into account.

Thinking about it that way is the most incredible thing to me.
  • Like 3

I do love this part:Thinking about it that way is the most incredible thing to me.

I do love this part:Thinking about it that way is the most incredible thing to me.

Haha Great minds think alike!

No need for "spin" control from Sony. Spider-Man shattered every opening record on the books with an unprecedented $114.8 million weekend. Never before in Hollywood history has a movie grossed over $100 million in its first three days, not even when taking ticket price inflation into account. To put that figure into further perspective, uber-blockbusters Stars Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace and Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone took 5 days to hit that mark.

And there is a record it will never lose. First movie to make $100m opening weekend.

• Like 9

And there is a record it will never lose. First movie to make $100m opening weekend.

SM3 is first ever to hit 150M too, right? That went downhill fast  :lol:

Posted Image

• Like 3

Yep. Kinda crazy to think about. It took so many years to get a $100m OW, and only a decade later there was a $200m OW

• Like 5