#ED

REVISED Weekend Estimates 6/14--6/16: Man of Steel OW $116.7M($128.7M including WM)

WW with Greek Gods playing Game of Thrones-esque power politics

I don't agree that they should be separate universes, but this is a brilliant idea.  Play it up as science-fantasy Game of Thrones and have WW lose and end the film with her being exiled from Themyscira.  Then as the shield drops for her to be cast out, pan the camera super wide and reveal that Themyscira is actually on Earth.

End with: Justice League- Coming Blah the Blah 20blah.

Heck, maybe the threat in Justice League is partially from Themyscira.  WW is cast out by a faction patroned by Darkseid or something.

Edited by Brilliant Dynamite Neon

I don't mind parallel and separate universes for the DC universe. MoS in his own universe, gritty Batman and Gotham in his own world, WW with Greek Gods playing Game of Thrones-esque power politics in their own universe, GL and the Rainbow corps, Flash and so on. And JL could be a Crisis on Infinite Earths kind of multiverse story where a rift in space and time causes all these parallel universes to collide and merge into one. Causing all these varying characters to come face to face with each other. The heroes form JL to help make sense of all the chaos and bring order back!

Wow, great Method that could solve the problem.

While there will be another ones:1, find a capable script writer for that ; 2, let's pray the GA are clever enough to understand a story like that.

Katniss cool, but she'll be a 7-year-old, walking the dog, no house motherf**ker!

Buddy, you floor me, you seriously do.  Your references are the best.  That is one of the best compliments I can give someone.  You remind me of..me...now I really hate him.  :)

Then Katniss slammed her head in the water for two minutes and she started shakin her head and she come up out of the water with a fish.  Then she looked at her brother and said "Gooney Goo-Goo".  Normal kids don't shit like that.

• Like 1

Like I said awhile back, they should use Intergang in this new Superman franchise because it can potentially lead to a Darkseid showdown.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intergang

It's really a crime organization in Metropolis who is provided alien technology by Darkseid and his minnions using a "boom tubes" device as a worm hole from earth to planet Apokolips.

Intergang is a fictional organized crime group in Superman and other DC comics. Armed with technology supplied by the villainous New Gods of the planet Apokolips, it is a potent foe who can seriously challenge the most powerful superheroes. It was created by Jack Kirby and first appeared in Superman's Pal Jimmy Olsen #133 (October 1970).

Edited by DMan7

Buddy, you floor me, you seriously do.  Your references are the best.  That is one of the best compliments I can give someone.  You remind me of..me...now I really hate him.  :)

Then Katniss slammed her head in the water for two minutes and she started shakin her head and she come up out of the water with a fish.  Then she looked at her brother and said "Gooney Goo-Goo".  Normal kids don't shit like that.

Thx man! I try. :)  Though most people don't get them.

Random that we're getting a revised estimate, why not just wait until actuals are in?

All this Wonder Woman talk is getting me excited.

After Man Of Steel's opening weekend, it's a good time to be a Wonder Woman fanatic.

MAN OF STEEL debut adjusted up to $128.7M, or $116.7M excluding Thursday Wal-Mart shows. (Makes me feel even better about $132M prediction)

https://twitter.com/gradywsmith/status/346632744220102657

Olive, these are still estimates.  Until we have an actual, these should be kept in the weekend estimates thread.  Actuals won't start coming out until later this afternoon.

The outstanding and absolute superb marketting from this movie made this opening weekend possible. Now it's up to WOM to kick in and push it towards whatever number it may end on its total.

Olive, these are still estimates.  Until we have an actual, these should be kept in the weekend estimates thread.  Actuals won't start coming out until later this afternoon.

Merge this thread with the former one

• Like 1

Thx man! I try. :)  Though most people don't get them.

I don't get all of them either, I think it's impossible to get every reference that comes from your personal mental rolodex, but still, many of them I do get and they just make me laugh.  If Matrix were here, he'd laugh too.

• Like 1