#ED

REVISED Weekend Estimates 6/14--6/16: Man of Steel OW $116.7M($128.7M including WM)

don't we always hear midnight numbers?

The numbers that we get now do include a midnight number but it also adds the 9/10 o'clock numbers as well, I'm just questioning that if we might get a definite 12 o'clock showing numbers in the future.

is this track on the soundtrack? 

I have no idea, haven't listened to the soundtrack, but the two themes in that track (along with the music in trailer 4) are used in different ways throughout the movie. Sounds great

• Like 1

You guys hear about Spielberg & Lucas bitching how American cinema will implode because studios only make big budget movies?

True? Do American audience prefer to sit at home wait for movies on BluRay, VOD, HBO? There is nothing like watching movie with a large crowd, laughing, gasping, cheering with a room-shaking sound system. 

Isn't the precedent that BOM always separates out preview shows from midnights when the numbers are reported separately, like here with the distinction being made between 12 and 9M?

Go look at Iron Man 3 dailies.  There were 9PM showings on Thursday.

• Like 1

I'm glad that BOM isn't including the 12 million on thurday. It will easily make 100 million anyway so it doesn't matter. Anyway I'm going to see the film now! Hope it's good. 

Why? It could be the difference between June record, which is the goal. Anything below June record is a disappointing flop!!!

;)

• Like 1

The numbers that we get now do include a midnight number but it also adds the 9/10 o'clock numbers as well, I'm just questioning that if we might get a definite 12 o'clock showing numbers in the future.

There's no reason whatsoever to expect studios to start giving breakdowns of the gross by showtimes. It's never happened.

They only reprt numbers separately when they're from completely different promotions, like in the MOS or STID case.

Go look at Iron Man 3 dailies.  There were 9PM showings on Thursday.

The point he's making is that if the studio reports the numbers separately to BOM then BOM will report them separately.

• Like 1

How much theater chain is getting from Weekend numbers?

I heard studios getting larger share of first weekend gross than

typical screening days. This share will drop as the movie plays into

coming weeks. True?