baumer

Wednesday #s: MoS Official Est $9.01M

MOS seems to behaving a bit like a family movie. Maybe the weekend will be bigger ala IM3 style.  The only downside is that MU is a family movie also. We'll see how it all shakes out.

MOS seems to behaving a bit like a family movie. Maybe the weekend will be bigger ala IM3 style.  The only downside is that MU is a family movie also. We'll see how it all shakes out.

A family movie with

Dick measuring jokes?

:wacko:

Possible. I don't think Monsters University blows up like many think. It will win the weekend to solid numbers but... they waited too long for a Monsters follow-up. Lost impact when other Pixar fare overshadowed it like Finding Nemo, The Incredibles, Wall-E and Up. Still thinking the traditional 60Ms opening for Pixar.

CAN WE PLEASE GET THE FIRST UNREAD POST BUTTON BACK?!?!?!?!?

I thought that was just my computer? Thought I had somehow managed to change a setting.

I've been activating the preview button to then click the "first unread post" link in the short term.

But since it's not just me....YEAH, WHAT HE SAID!!!!!!

That MoS number has a little stench of pulling money from another line item, does it not? 

It's so.....just barely over $9m that WB is trying to save a bit of face it seems. 

*lol* Like they care what some internet folks think...

Counts:

MONSTERS UNIVERSITY: 4,004

IM3: 924

Kinda big drop in IM3 theater count. Though I wonder if Disney will consider double feature with MU. The movie already passed 400M, they would not care and that's understandable.