Jandrew

Sunday/Wknd #'s, MU 23-24/82, WWZ 17-18/66, MoS 11.7-12.3/41.2, TITE 13, NYSM 7.8 BOM, RTH

WWZ for me is the biggest success story of the summer.

What about Gatsby? That's just amazing. 99.999999999% of people didn't think that movies of that genre had any possibility of opening over 50. 

• Like 6

What about Gatsby? That's just amazing. 99.999999999% of people didn't think that movies of that genre had any possibility of opening over 50. 

The Purge-as bad as that film probably is, you can't ignore how successful it was...

• Like 1

No way. They spent $200m making it. IM3 is the biggest success story of the summer.

Success story in a sense that it has reversed the 'trend' and won't be the bomb many anticipated. This might even make profit if overseas numbers are good.

Well I thought WWZ was a comedy when someone brought it up a few years back as it's full title was something like "The Oral History of the Zombie War"

I was going "No way that could be a drama"

Well thats not to bad.. 450M WW might be deemd a success for this film if its total costs are 200M.. I hope it hits at least  550MWW. Predictign 595-600M WW..Though :)

I think that at least it looks suitably grand enough to get enough traction OS. The philosophy is if you give the OS Angelina Jolie, Explosions, and 3D (2 out of the 3 is enough) then you've got a bona-fide hit. 

Yeah. I've been in the 50M+ camp and thought 60M was in the realm of possibility, but unlikely, for about the past month to two months. Props to baumer for calling it so far ahead. 

Oh damn I failed with the under 40 camp ROFL..:'( GRRR LOL. Won with IM3 being a billion dollar movie. Shocked me even to see it beating out ROTK lol. Wow. You and Baumer definitely believed in Pitt and the subject matter of this one.. Props to you both.

But yep Baumer really rocked this one. I agree with Kayom.. If Warz pulls a 550-600+M for just movie 1 WW.. This will be one of the best success stories for the summer. ( From the bring of being a mega flop to a success story-Wowsers)

• Like 1