Jandrew

Sunday/Wknd #'s, MU 23-24/82, WWZ 17-18/66, MoS 11.7-12.3/41.2, TITE 13, NYSM 7.8 BOM, RTH

MOS Friday gross is less than its first Monday.That would suggest "not very good" WOM.Like I said in my earlier post, for MOS 2, a new creative team is definitely required. MOS is a flawed movie and I can understand why critics were lukewarm about it.

• Like 2

It is. But, I'm just glad that the majority of the audience won't see that. They will see that MOS earned more money in its second weekend that most movies earn in their first. IMO, the worst thing to happen to any movie is for it be deemed as a failure by the press. Well, and I'm relieved at all the commercial partners MOS has, at least that is another revenue stream, which WB may need.

WB is laughing right now.  With the 170 mill they made even before the film was released and a final gross of about 275 in the USS and north of 600 WW, it is going to be a great new beginning to a franchise.

• Like 1

MOS Friday gross is less than its first Monday.That would suggest "not very good" WOM.Like I said in my earlier post, for MOS 2, a new creative team is definitely required. MOS is a flawed movie and I can understand why critics were lukewarm about it.

There was no MU or WWZ on Monday. Your point of view isn't the complete WOM.

WB is laughing right now.  With the 170 mill they made even before the film was released and a final gross of about 275 in the USS and north of 600 WW, it is going to be a great new beginning to a franchise.

It's headed for 700M+ WW.

Optimistic extrapolation for MOS:

45.7....61% drop

That's very optimistic. I really don't think MOS can pull a 50% increase on Sat, and in June no less. If the Friday jump hasn't corrected the bad Thursday drop that much, then Sat most likely won't.

So, as expected, and I am not surprised, although I was one of the optimistic for MOS to gross as much as possible, WOM seems to be   poor.

I didn't like movie. I wanted to see it again, but I'll just wait for Netflix. Very disappointed. How the movie was put together (for people who have seen it) was just bad. Simply bad.

MOS 2 is go, let's just hope it's better.

lol its strage to read it & look @ your mos icon :lol:

rth wasn't right. He was off by 0.2 M. lol

I think MOS might end up with 290 M.

No, he said Nikke's 13.2M is too high.  ;)

If it gets that close to 300M, I expect WB to do everything to push it over.  :D

WB is laughing right now.  With the 170 mill they made even before the film was released and a final gross of about 275 in the US and north of 600 WW, it is going to be a great new beginning to a franchise.

Worked my second job last night, came in and went to bed.

Confirmation then on what I'm seeing in the thread title and this....$300m is essentially lost for MoS US domestic then.

Is that the call right now?

That's very optimistic. I really don't think MOS can pull a 50% increase on Sat, and in June no less. If the Friday jump hasn't corrected the bad Thursday drop that much, then Sat most likely won't.

I agree.  But if it follows IJATKOTCS, it will, that's why I said OPTIMISTIC.  :)

Look at Indy's dailes in June:

http://boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=daily&id=indianajones4.htm

• Like 1

Worked my second job last night, came in and went to bed.

Confirmation then on what I'm seeing in the thread title and this....$300m is essentially lost for MoS US domestic then.

Is that the call right now?

IMO yes.  But my opinion really means nothing.

I get it.MoS needed to be epic on a grand scale(TDK,Avengers) to stay on par with the openers. It's not,People fail to see its already a success.Not to mention a possible 30M OW in China.