Jandrew

Sunday/Wknd #'s, MU 23-24/82, WWZ 17-18/66, MoS 11.7-12.3/41.2, TITE 13, NYSM 7.8 BOM, RTH

Star Trek Into Darkness Budget : 195m

WWZ Budget : 190m

STID dom gross : 240m

WWZ dom gross : 150-160ish

STID is labelled has let down, disapointement, female audiences didn't show up.

WWZ is labelled as biggest success of Brad Pitt's career, surprise hit, hooray re-shoots !

Aaahh, perspective ...

WW is another story.

This Deadline title asserting WWZ is the "Biggest Opening for Original Live Action Film Since 'Avatar' perplexes me.A) The film is based on the book, right?b ) If the book doesn't matter, than what about The Hunger Games' $150+ million OW?

Yes, but I don't think anyone knows that there's a book and I haven't read the book but apparently it's totally and completely different.

lol, IM3 is the only top 10 movies that didn't lose its spot and stayed flat at the same place as last week despite losing 44% of its theater count, despite two newcomers.  the Shynx is still in the top 10 in its 8th weekend while Epic, Gatsby, Hangover 3 and AE are all out of it.

• Like 3

lol, IM3 is the only top 10 movies that didn't lose its spot and stayed flat at the same place as last week despite losing 44% of its theater count, despite two newcomers.  the Shynx is still in the top 10 in its 8th weekend while Epic, Gatsby, Hangover 3 and AE are all out of it.

It's the MU double feature effect.

• Like 1