Jandrew

Sunday/Wknd #'s, MU 23-24/82, WWZ 17-18/66, MoS 11.7-12.3/41.2, TITE 13, NYSM 7.8 BOM, RTH

I got the impression that a lot of the folks at the theater tonight for WWZ pretty much never go to horror movies. Lucky for them there weren't many jump scares in this movie.

WWZ is not and hasn't been advertised as a horror flick. it's a disaster, with Zombie epidemic as source, movie.

• Like 1

I just checked Fandango, and the several sellouts for MU in my area were in the 7-8 PM range, which is kind of odd. I'm thinking estimates might go up for this.

no. no. no. I need the estimates for both this and WWZ to go down. I should've gone with my gut, but I weighted statistics more heavily this time and ended up predicting only 80M for MU and 58 for WWZ. :(

No, Shrek 3 opened to 121. I remember the hype for it and I remember being bitterly disappointed.

That pretty much sums up that entire month, haha :(

• Like 1

Holy fucking shit! I can't believe that WWZ number. Not surprised though, the 7:25 showing I went to was almost sold out. The 2D MU showing going on simultaniously was sold out. Not sure about the 3D as it started a half hour earlier.

Gotta say WWZ was actually really fun to watch. Definitely topped my expectations. The fact that it might get close to $70 million this weekend is insane though. I was totally wrong about this movie.

I really have a hard time understanding why critics gave Captain America/Thor better reviews than Man of Steel. Do these guys just hold Superman to a higher standard or something?Those are solid movies, don't get me wrong but there's no way Man of Steel should have received worse than them.

Maybe it was because the heroes in CA and Thor weren't responsible for the deaths of tens of thousands of people. Those bleeding heart critics are sensitive about little stuff like that.

My local cineplex doesn't have MU, but the only thing that sold out was 2 showings of WWZ. lots of others were very full though. the rest of the evening shows should come very close to capacity if not sell out. 

Maybe it was because the heroes in CA and Thor weren't responsible for the deaths of tens of thousands of people. Those bleeding heart critics are sensitive about little stuff like that.

Darth your wrong on that one. Supes can clearly see which buildings are empty and they evacuated the city.. So Supes knows what he is doing.. Any critic that says that , has no clue to the Kal-El Character.

• Like 1

Sorry, I lean towards DC generally, but I have to admit that both Captain America: The First Avenger and Thor were quite a bit better than Man of Steel. Man of Steel was pretty good. It should have been amazing though.

Sell outs have picked up for WWZ at Long Beach only had 1 and now it's up to 5. 12-5 MU ahead. MOS still has 3.

http://www.fandango.com/long+beach_ca_movietimes?date=6%2f21%2f2013&tid=aatsj

Edwards Ontario Palace 22- is still going strong for WWZ. 7 sell outs so far and has added a 1:00 am show.

http://www.fandango.com/ontario_ca_movietimes

MU-5 and WWZ 4 at Irvine Spectrum

http://www.fandango.com/irvine_ca_movietimes?date=6%2f21%2f2013&tid=aatsj

• Like 2

It's a great movie. ;)  :) I loved it and thought it was better than the first one.  :)

It's about the same for me. But Monsters Inc. had a special place in my heart cause I watched it growing up. So it's all about sentiments really. I'm sure over time and with many rewatchings to come, Monsters U will be just as special to me as Monsters Inc.

• Like 1

Sorry, I lean towards DC generally, but I have to admit that both Captain America: The First Avenger and Thor were quite a bit better than Man of Steel. Man of Steel was pretty good. It should have been amazing though.

shhh..you're not allowed to say such things here. Marvel is the harbinger of cinematic mediocrity, and the beginning of the end for quality original hollywood movies...or so i've heard around these parts.

Edited by sdeezy
  • Like 2

Darth your wrong on that one. Supes can clearly see which buildings are empty and they evacuated the city.. So Supes knows what he is doing.. Any critic that says that , has no clue to the Kal-El Character.

Just like the filmmakers have no clue to the Kal-El character? :)

• Like 1

Our posting rate's really slowed down now. :( Maybe we can still get to 200 or 250 pages. (We should make getting to 250 pages by Monday 9am EST a tradition every weekend lol)

• Like 1

Our posting rate's really slowed down now. :( Maybe we can still get to 200 or 250 pages. (We should make getting to 250 pages by Monday 9am EST a tradition every weekend lol)

The only other weekend with enough intrigue to get to 250 pages this summer is RIPD's OW