Jandrew

Sunday/Wknd #'s, MU 23-24/82, WWZ 17-18/66, MoS 11.7-12.3/41.2, TITE 13, NYSM 7.8 BOM, RTH

From 19 (or 17 depending on which part of the range) to 12.5

Oh Nikki :lol:

Not a good increase, but considering the two openers overperforming, makes sense I suppose. 14 would have been nice.

Actuals could be more Pink... Dont laugh at Nikki yet :P

Hope RT is very off with MOS numbers Druv and MOS makes huge jumps on Sat and Sunday :)

He's not going to be off on Friday but Sat/Sun hopefully are strong again so it can get close to 50M. :D  

• Like 1

So is that MOS number for Friday??? 12.5M??? If so, that would put it's weekend number just under 40M or so...

So is that MOS number for Friday??? 12.5M??? If so, that would put it's weekend number just under 40M or so...

Lol My Marvel Friend.. Dont bet the farm on that one....I would say well over 40M lol.. And still like 49-53M :)

Just going to leave MU/WWZ where I had them but MOS comes downMU 29.8-32,WWZ 25-27, MOS 12.5, TITE 4.2, NYSM 2.4, FF6 1.5, Purge 1.1, Intern 1.1, STID 900k, BR 700k

Base on Rth numbers

MOS: +79%

TITE: +100%

NYSM: +100%

FF6: +98%

Purge: +55%

Internship: +50%

STID: +72%

Awesome jumps all around  :D

Edited by Sam
  • Like 4

We just got back from "Man of Steel".

6.5 / 10.

It's not a good film - it's an entertaining movie, kind of like how I would say "Transformers" or "Iron Man 2" was.

If I was 15-16 years old, I'd probably wouldn't care and liked it just for the action/explosions, but even that was too busy.

Pacing was just all over the place with so many obvious plot holes like:

Black hole sucking vehicles and building debris, yet manages to not even suck Lois Lane as she was basically right next to it, or Superman is dependent on earth's air that he can't even breathe in Kryptonian air and even passes out, yet he's fine in outer space. And the whole US Army knows that Superman's spacecraft was taken from the Kent's farmhouse in Smallville yet he could disguise himself as Clark Kent and no one knows. These are just off the top of my head.

Henry Cavill though was a good successor to Christopher Reeve. He had that Tom Welling look too!

Superman is still my favorite superhero, but this movie, MOS, just could've been better, rather than just full of action.

My 13 year old cousin liked it, my 8 year old nephew fell asleep.  My theater was about maybe 75% full with a 370 capacity, we went to the 8 pm showing.  

There were a few applause after the film, but then some guy behind me started booing which got some people to the front laughing and some joined in on the booing.

P.S.

Pacific Rim trailer was sweet! Love Godzilla, so I'll be checking this out.

Edited by Jordanstine
  • Like 1

Uh oh here comes the MOS panic

There's nothing to panic about. MOS is a reboot, it isn't set out to make huge numbers, just to make enough to guarantee a sequel, which is already locked at this point. If anything, drops like this and the fact that the critics panned the film will hopefully make Warner to rethink their MOS strategy by hiring someone else for screenplay duties in MOS2. 

• Like 1

We just got back from Man of Steel.

6.5 / 10.

It's not a good film - it's an entertaining movie, kind of like how I would say Transformers or Iron Man 2 was.

If I was 15-16 years old, I'd probably wouldn't care and liked it just for the explosions, but even that was too busy.

Pacing was just all over the place with so many obvious plot holes like:

Black hole sucking vehicles and debris, yet manages to not even suck Lois Lane, or Superman is dependent on earth's air that he can't even breathe in Kryptonian air, yet he's fine out in space. And the whole everyone knows the spacecraft was taken from the Kent's farmhouse in Smallville yet he could disguise himself as Clark Kent and no one knows. These are just off the top of my head.

Henry Cavill though was a good successor to Christopher Reeve. He had that Tom Welling look too!

Superman is still my favorite superhero, but this movie just could've been better, rather than just full of action.

My 13 year old cousin liked it, my 8 year old nephew fell asleep.  My theater was about maybe 75% full with a 370 capacity, we went to the 8 pm showing.  

There were a few applause after the film, but then some guy behind me started booing which got some people to the front laughing and they joined in on  booing.

Pacific Rim trailer was sweet! Love Godzilla, so I'll be checking this out.

Well, that sucks. But I think you got the wrong thread in the first place.

There's nothing to panic about. MOS is a reboot, it isn't set out to make huge numbers, just to make enough to guarantee a sequel, which is already locked at this point. If anything, drops like this and the fact that the critics panned the film will hopefully make Warner to rethink their MOS strategy by hiring someone else for screenplay duties in MOS2.

I was being somewhat facetious