#ED

Weekend Actuals 6/21 - 6/23 (MU - 82.4 | WWZ - 66.4M | MoS - 41.2M)

I don't think it's possible for MOS to reach $250m by Sunday, let alone $300m DOM.

It's possible, but it needs about 15m from the weekdays and 25m next weekend. I wouldn't rule it out.

Edited by aliadiere29

Well break it down then. :D

I think it'll be able to make up to $240m-$245m until Sunday. After that, it's more $30-$45m until it's finished its run. It will have an increase on July, 4th, but followed by hard drops after that and then comes PR and most of its 3D and all of their IMAX theaters are gone. It'll hopefully crawl to the high end of my prediction. 

• Like 1

I feel a 5+ million Monday, and near 5 million Tuesday would about guarantee 245 by Sunday ... it would need another 60%+ drop to miss that IMO.  I see closer to 50-55% drop this weekend for 18-20 million ... and 246-248 or so by Sunday.

Edited by agkman

Taking 50% drops the rest of the way:20 weekdays20 weekend10 weekdays10 weekend5 weekdays5 weekend2.5 weekdays2.5 weekend285m, probably eking its way to 290-295m. Of course, this doesn't take into account the Fourth of July, and it won't regularly drop 50% the rest of the way.

Taking 50% drops the rest of the way:20 weekdays20 weekend10 weekdays10 weekend5 weekdays5 weekend2.5 weekdays2.5 weekend285m, probably eking its way to 290-295m. Of course, this doesn't take into account the Fourth of July, and it won't regularly drop 50% the rest of the way.

I predict a huge and steep drop after July, 4th, once Pacific Rim is released.

Considering I'm one of the people who don't really give a fuck about Pacific Rim and feel it will do 140 total, I'm not too worried about it's effect outside of Imax.

MOS will find a way to 290+. 

Edited by agkman

I just think people are not realizing that MOS will keep losing theaters as the weekends go by. I'm not going out of my way to be harsh with my MOS predictions, it's just that since my TASM crazy predictions, I think I've a better grasp at how this works, especially because after IM3, MOS is the film that most interests me this summer. 

I don't think the numbers I'm predicting are bad either, I just feel like a lot of people will have to recognize that TASM last year had a spectacular run for a reboot, and history is repeating itself here, when it comes to its box office. 

Edited by iKent
  • Like 1

I just think people are not realizing that MOS will keep losing theaters as the weekends go by. I'm not going out of my way to be harsh with my MOS predictions, it's just that since my TASM crazy predictions, I think I've a better grasp at how this works, especially because after IM3, MOS is the film that most interests me this summer. 

I don't think the numbers I'm predicting are bad either, I just feel like a lot of people will have to recognize that TASM last year had a spectacular run for a reboot, and history is repeating itself here, when it comes to its box office. 

Isn't that what happens to every film? Lose theaters as the weekends go by. You just don't want this to make 300 M. That's just it.

I just think people are not realizing that MOS will keep losing theaters as the weekends go by. I'm not going out of my way to be harsh with my MOS predictions, it's just that since my TASM crazy predictions, I think I've a better grasp at how this works, especially because after IM3, MOS is the film that most interests me this summer. I don't think the numbers I'm predicting are bad either, I just feel like a lot of people will have to recognize that TASM last year had a spectacular run for a reboot, and history is repeating itself here, when it comes to its box office.

Going by your post history of the past 10 days i dont know who sounds more gleeful while talking of pessimism of MoS box office, you or BKB? And then retorts when asked are same too

Isn't that what happens to every film? Lose theaters as the weekends go by. You just don't want this to make 300 M. That's just it.

It's not about what I want. I want this to do as good as it possibly could, but I've learn to temper my expectations and actually learn one thing or two with the best box office experts here. I want MOS to spring a DC Movieverse and I want Warner to drop Goyer and bring someone with real passion for these characters that ALSO understands them and is able to make them compelling. I think that just like there's flaws with TASM and it was time for someone new to step in as the screenwriter for the sequel, MOS2 and the whole DC Movieverse desperately needs a new creative force passionated by these characters, instead of trying to make everything simply "cool". We need people that think outside the box with these characters. I want to see Max Landis getting to pitch his Superman story to Warner, I want to see Warner going for James Mangold, Darren Aronofsky and all these pool of fresh new talent paired with people with real grasp about these characters and really passionated about them.

I want a DC Movieverse that will make Marvel Studios, Sony and Fox push their boundaries to make even better films. I want quality DC Movies. I want MOS to do well, and I want MOS2 to be even better, acclaimed by the critics and the public, just as much as I wish the same for Spider-Man and all the Marvel Studios films. I want to love these films. All of them. I really do. I'm not the kind of guy who takes sides when it comes to DC and Marvel, I just think that MOS doing well it's good for the genre. And just like Whedon, I believe in the genre. I want this genre to keep going until I'm an old fart, watching the epic adventures of my favorite characters. All of them.

Don't misguide me for another BKB or even a DC or Marvel loonie. I'm a comic book movie loonie. But I can't and I won't let what I want in front of what I think it will happen. MOS won't cross $300m. And if it does, I'll happily eat whatever crow you want to serve, but I just think it won't. Is it that hard to understand?

Edited by iKent

Going by your post history of the past 10 days i dont know who sounds more gleeful while talking of pessimism of MoS box office, you or BKB?And then retorts when asked are same too

The difference between you and BKB is none to me. You are not better than he is. It's not about pessismism, it's about been able to think rationally. I promised myself I'd do that since TASM, and I've been doing ever since when it comes to BO numbers. Just because I don't think it'll suddenly turn a 180 it doesn't mean I'm pessimistic or trolling like you or BKB do. 

It's not about what I want. I want this to do as good as it possibly could, but I've learn to temper my expectations and actually learn one thing or two with the best box office experts here. I want MOS to spring a DC Movieverse and I want Warner to drop Goyer and bring someone with real passion for these characters that ALSO understands them and is able to make them compelling. I think that just like there's flaws with TASM and it was time for someone new to step in as the screenwriter for the sequel, MOS2 and the whole DC Movieverse desperately needs new creative force passionated by these characters, instead of trying to make everything simply "cool". We need people that think outside the box with these characters. I want to see Max Landis getting to pitch his Superman story to Warner, I want to see Warner going for James Mangold, Darren Aronofsky and all these pool of fresh new talent paired with people with real talent and really passionated about them.

I want a DC Movieverse that will make Marvel Studios, Sony and Fox push their boundaries to make even better films. I want quality DC Movies. I want MOS to do well, and I want MOS2 to be even better, acclaimed by the critics and the public, just as much as I wish the same for Spider-Man and all the Marvel Studios films. I want to love this films. All of them. I really do. I'm not the kind of guy who takes sides when it comes to DC and Marvel, I just think that MOS doing well it's good for the genre. And just like Whedon, I believe in the genre. I want this genre to keep going until I'm an old fart, watching the epic adventures of my favorite characters. All of them.

Don't misguide me for another BKB or even a DC or Marvel loonie. I'm a comic book movie loonie. But I can't and I won't let what I want in front of what I think it will happen. MOS won't cross $300m. And if it does, I'll happily eat whatever crow you want to serve, but I just think it won't. Is it that hard to understand?

hmmm long wall text of explanations. or maybe that Amazing Spiderman fan from last year who had long hair in his display picture. where is he again?