Olive

Monday #'s:MU 11.02,WWZ 7.67,MOS 4.54,TITE 1.9, NYSM 1.1

Ha yeah true, but I more meant like how you can buy up results to be on the first page of google searches, etc

That too, but I've always been sceptical about how well that works. 

I can understand buying google searches or twitter trends, but a Fandango 5 spot? What would that achieve other than get people like us excited? The Fandango 5 isn't even all that accessible from the Fandango front page.

That sounds like some political prisoners.  FREE THE FANDANGO 5!!!! FREE THE FANDANGO 5!!!!!

• Like 1

The truth is that MOS's WOM is kinda mixed. I've talked to many people who loved it, hated it or are somewhere in between. I haven't talked to many people who would put it up there with the Nolan-Batman movies or the best of the Marvel Studios movies though.

Edited by Eraserhead
  • Like 1

The truth is that MOS's WOM is kinda mixed. I've talked to many people who loved it, hated it or are somewhere in between. I haven't talked to many people who would put it up there with the Nolan-Batman movies or the best of the Marvel Studios movies though.

Yeah I think it's definitely mixed. Reactions have been all over the place with everyone I've talked to. Some people I know like it better than BB and some think it's worse than SR.

The reviews didn't matter. Film opened to nearly $130m in 3.5 days.

Reviews were never going to have an effect for OW but they didn't help its legs for sure. I'd say mixed WOM and reviews are keeping moviegoers on the fence from trying this out.

Reviews were never going to have an effect for OW but they didn't help its legs for sure. I'd say mixed WOM and reviews are keeping moviegoers on the fence from trying this out.

Reviews are irrelevant. Mixed WOM from the audience is different from mixed WOM from critics. The Mummy had a 55% RT rating and its sequel had a massive opening weekend because the film was loved by the audience regardless of what critics had to say about it.

• Like 1

I don't know about that WileE.  Now You See Me has a rotten RT score and is having some great legs.

• Like 3