Jordanstine

Wed 6/26 Numbers (Update: Actuals on Pg.9) - MU $10.0, WWZ $6.2, MOS $4.1

To put this in perspective, if movie had exactly $4,200,000 yesterday (which is very doubtful), that represents a total weekly drop of 57.9% comparing last week's numbers up until Wednesday.

If movie drops 57.9% rest of the way (weekly and weekend), I have movie at least $267+ million. And I'm not even counting 4th of July boost.

And certainly, we're just assuming it will drop 57.9% every single day from now on.

Movie is a sucess people. Give it a rest. Most of you didn't have this movie gross this high.

Edited by VGPOP
  • Like 3

To put this in perspective, if movie had exactly $4,200,000 yesterday (which is very doubtful), that represents a total weekly drop of 57.9% comparing last week's numbers up until Wednesday.

If movie drops 57.9% rest of the way (weekly and weekend), I have movie at least $267+ million. And I'm not even counting 4th of July boost.

And certainly, we're just assuming it will drop 57.9% every single day from now on.

Movie is a sucess people. Give it a rest. Most of you didn't have this movie gross this high.

Didn't most people put mos at 300 million or more? It's obviously going to get there, but it's a little revisionaist to say most people didn't expect big things from it.

Edited by ban1o
  • Like 2

There were people overpredicting this, very much like I did with TASM last year. But both movies have AWESOME runs for a reboot and its their sequels that I'm most excited for, when the movies kiddy gloves are off.

It obviously going to get to 300 million :P

It won't. And people saying that are setting themselves up to disappointment. 

Edit

Disclaimer:

I know that I can end up looking like the bad guy for writing off the $300m, but I feel it is for the best. If people keep saying it will reach $300m when all signs point it won't, it's just setting people's hopes to an unnecessary disappointment afterwards. What people need to understand is that $285m +- is still an amazing achievement for a reboot domestically. It'll be around $600m-$800m WW, so while I'm not seeing it making more than TASM WW, it's still one of the two best reboot performances at the box office ever. 

Edited by iKent

were you disappointed when you said TASM will be near Avengers numbers?

If you look at my predictions from last year, I thought that TASM would make $400m DOM and $800m OS, oddly enough that was exactly what Iron Man 3 ended up doing it. I wasn't disappointed at all, because I don't see the box office as a "who-has-the-biggest-dick" contest. I fucking LOVE TASM and that's exactly what I hope I will feel for MOS, and even knowing everything I know about MOS, I still think it will happen. It's the sequels of these films what truly interest me, it's where they go after the world building is done. TASM2 looks like the most epic Spider-Man ever from the footages, MOS2 could certainly use a better writer than Goyer, and if the BO results help Superman to get a better screenwriter, awesome. If it doesn't happen, I'll still be hoping the best for MOS sequel, just like I do for all superhero films.