Jordanstine

Wed 6/26 Numbers (Update: Actuals on Pg.9) - MU $10.0, WWZ $6.2, MOS $4.1

After reading these daily threads I don't think I care anymore about MOS. It's pointless banter. Just let it die. MU and WWZ are having really fun runs to track but nobody's talking about them. Boo.

The loud minority always overpowers the silent majority

• Like 2

Kent, since you're so keen to compare MOS to TASM.

MOS 17-day gross without 4th July and without July weekdays will be around 245M

TASM 17-day gross with 4th July and with July weekdays was around 217M

If MOS has the exact same run as TASM from now on MOS we'll gross an additional 45M putting its final gross around 290M.

Except it won't be the same cause MOS still has the 4th of July holyday and the slightly better july weekdays. Also after TASM 17th day the shooting occured and it competed with TDKR wich probably stripped some 20M off of TASM final gross.

So I don't see how you can compare the 2 and expect less than 300M from MOS.

I do take in consideration that TASM and MOS were released in different release dates. But that's rendered meaningless when both are behaving virtually with the exact same numbers in their two second weeks. Just take a closer look at what I've posted before:

TASM 2nd week, coming from a $200,5m second weekend:

Mon 4.3m, Tue 5.4m, Wed 4m, Thur 3.4m, Fri 3.4m, Sat 4.2m, Sun 3.1m

17,1m weekdays

10,7m weekend

27,8m (weekend + weekdays Total)

MOS 2nd week, coming from a $210m second weekend:

Mon 4.5m, Tue 5.2m, Wed 4.2m

Even knowing that MOS won't face TDKR and the Aurora tragedy like TASM did that weekend, I just don't think that a $20m weekend after these numbers is possible at all. 

This is how I think it'll go:

Mon 4.5m, Tue 5.2m, Wed 4.2m, Thur 3.7m, Fri 5.5m, Sat 7,1m, Sun 5.2m - 35,4m Total

17,6m weekdays

17,8m weekend

35,4m (weekend + weekdays Total)

Which would make MOS be around $245m after this weekend, for a total of +- $285m DOM. 

What you're failing to understand is that regardless the difference of days, what matters is that both films box office runs are in complete sync with each other this 2nd week. It's anyone's guess what TASM could do without TDKR and the Aurora tragedy, but if you look my numbers, I do take in consideration that MOS will behave differently this weekend, but not as much as some people here think. I'm predicting a $17,8m weekend for MoS, which is a -56,8% drop from last weekend. 

The point you're missing is that I'm not predicting what I want MoS to make, I'm predicting what this highly likely will make. It's not like just because the release dates were different that MoS will grow legs all of a sudden. If I'm wrong, time will tell. But I think I've hit the nail in the head with this one. 

His obsession with MOS is that he thinks TASM is better appreciated with MOS run. In the end its not about MOS, its how to make the perception of TASM look better than it already is. Even 10 years from now he will be comparing TASM to Avengers 4

I'm not obsessed. You are the guy that went into a crusade against every critic that said something negative about MoS until the point that you realized that it was meaningless. Just like what you did with TDKR back then. You are the one that can't understand that I'm simply discussing box office numbers. I'm the one actually providing reason to my numbers, what do you have other than your personal attacks to say about my predictions? 

And again, I'm a superhero film fan, I don't pick sides. You are the one who does, Ahmad. 

I do take in consideration that TASM and MOS were released in different release dates. But that's rendered meaningless when both are behaving virtually with the exact same numbers in their two second weeks. Just take a closer look at what I've posted before:

17,1m weekdays

10,7m weekend

Even knowing that MOS won't face TDKR and the Aurora tragedy like TASM did that weekend, I just don't think that a $20m weekend after these numbers is possible at all. 

Mon 4.5m, Tue 5.2m, Wed 4.2m, Thur 3.7m, Fri 5.5m, Sat 7,1m, Sun 5.2m - 35,4m Total

17,6m weekdays

17,8m weekend

Which would make MOS be around $245m after this weekend, for a total of +- $285m DOM. 

What you're failing to understand is that regardless the difference of days, what matters is that both films box office runs are in complete sync with each other this 2nd week. It's anyone's guess what TASM could do without TDKR and the Aurora tragedy, but if you look my numbers, I do take in consideration that MOS will behave differently this weekend, but not as much as some people here think. I'm predicting a $17,8m weekend for MoS, which is a -56,8% drop from last weekend. 

The point you're missing is that I'm not predicting what I want MoS to make, I'm predicting what this highly likely will make. It's not like just because the release dates were different that MoS will grow legs all of a sudden. If I'm wrong, time will tell. But I think I've hit the nail in the head with this one. 

I'm not obsessed. You are the guy that went into a crusade against every critic that said something negative about MoS until the point that you realized that it was meaningless. Just like what you did with TDKR back then. You are the one that can't understand that I'm simply discussing box office numbers. I'm the one actually providing reason to my numbers, what do you have other than your personal attacks to say about my predictions? 

And again, I'm a superhero film fan, I don't pick sides. You are the one who does, Ahmad. 

OMG please shut up. Post this in the MOS or TASM thread.

Edited by ban1o
  • Like 5

After reading these daily threads I don't think I care anymore about MOS. It's pointless banter. Just let it die. MU and WWZ are having really fun runs to track but nobody's talking about them. Boo.

I basically skim over MoS stuff. MU will be interesting to watch because of DM2 and Turbo. But I have to say my favorite part of RTH updates is the NYSM number. It's fun watching this do its own thing :D
  • Like 2

OMG please shut up. Post this in the MOS or TASM thread.

Dude, I'm just posting my predictions for a movie I'm following. Besides personal attacks, I don't see anyone noticing that I haven't been off a prediction for MoS since Sunday. If people like or not that I'm mirroring from TASM it's not my problem, the thing is it's working. 

Edited by iKent

Dude, I'm just posting my predictions for a movie I'm following. Besides personal attacks, I don't see anyone noticing that I haven't been off a prediction for MoS since Sunday. If people like or not that I'm mirroring from TASM it's not my problem, the thing is it's working. 

WE GET THE POINT. YOU DONT THINK MOS WILL HIT 300M. YOU HAVE BEEN SAYING THIS SINCE MONDAY.

• Like 2

WE GET THE POINT. YOU DONT THINK MOS WILL HIT 300M. YOU HAVE BEEN SAYING THIS SINCE MONDAY.

No, that's a simplification. I've break it down the numbers reasoning why it won't reach $300m DOM, and it's behaving  exactly like I said it would.

I'm using TASM just as a mirror for MOS box office run, and it looks like it fits perfectly. If you don't like this fact, you and others need to remember that we talk box office numbers here. Regardless if you hate what I'm saying, those level minded and with actual reading skills will hopefully understand that just because that I don't see how MoS would hit $300m DOM it isn't a bad thing for the film. 

17,1m weekdays

10,7m weekend

17,6m weekdays

17,8m weekend

I love the fact

That you write 100 lines relating to TASM then say you are not obsessed followed by 30 more lines or rant

I love the factThat you write 100 lines relating to TASM then say you are not obsessed followed by 30 more lines or rant

I'm talking box office numbers and using previous data from a reboot to back up my claims and hit the nail in the head with my predictions. Again, what else do you got despite personal attacks?

• Like 1

I nominate Gopher's post for Post Of The Day  :)

• Like 2