Punishment

Weekend Actuals 6/28-6/30

nice actuals 4 nysm & TITE

but WHD :(

It's been the ultimate counter programming since it's release. 

No direct straight up competition AND because it's great the WOM has been reflective of that.

Say you want to drop the family off, kids may go see PURGE, parents go to NYSM. Fill in the blank with anything but NYSM has been just what '13 box office needed.

The real question is this: When a sequel comes....and it will, how will it do? Is this a one off or will audiences care? The material is there for a sequel and as one who throughly enjoyed it I'd take one. Can they construct an as smooth narrative again? This film is like The Hangover, the first PoTC or Taken for recent examples. Films not structured for long term franchisement, but they go that route solely based on box office. 

I already have so many ideas abt the sequel its not even funny :D too bad they won't ask for my opinion :P

Encouraging thing is that they expressed their desire to make a sequel in the promo interviews so means they already have ideas!!

Hopefully they won't get into the supernatural territory too much & focus more on the 'taking from the rich & giving to the poor' theme.

Im afraid tho b/c 90% of the sequels sucked & I dont want this to suck.