Sims

Boxoffice.com's Top 100 Films of All Time 2013 -- RESULTS PRESENTATION 4 PM PST/7 PM EST

Here's the Judgement: 

Karl: Not a fan at all. I can see why you would put some films like Pulp Fiction and Beverly Hills Cop where they are, but I thoroughly disliked both movies. Overall, mixed. The Good: One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. The Bad: Pulp Fiction The Ugly: The Fountain.

Coming from riczhang, I guess I should feel honored.

• Like 1

Here's the Judgement: 

Chasmmi: Life of Pi, Forrest Gump, Men in Black, Schindler's List, and etc. Spew

Considering some of the films in my list, it is odd that these are what you took as a sign of being bad.

Anyhow I am happy that my top 100 is a list of 100 films that I personally like a lot and not the 100 films that Tarentino, Spike Lee, the Oscars or anybody else tells me are the films I like. :) (Not saying yours is, just saying.)

As for your list:

My Top 10 (Hopefully as a complimentary piece to my FYC seeing as most of you guys don't seem to have seen, or sometimes even heard about, these movies):

1. All Quiet on the Western Front

2. Citizen Kane

3. North by Northwest

4. Napoleon (1927)

5. Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy (2012)

6. Rear Window

7. Casablanca

8. Sunset Boulevard

9. La Regle du Jeu (The Rules of the Game)

10. Gone with the Wind

It's nice, those are some well made films there, and I can only imagine that when the 1980s and beyond reaches your town, this list can become awesome :P

I think you'd be hard-pressed to find anyone who wouldn't include PULP FICTION on a top 100 list. And I'm not even that big of a Tarantino fan anymore.

Funny I only did a top 50 but it's not there. It would be in the next 50 actually a few of his films would be

Here's the Judgement: 

Posted Image

Walt: I gave up on you after Forrest Gump tied for first. Some good titles. Mostly mediocre. 

Karl: Not a fan at all. I can see why you would put some films like Pulp Fiction and Beverly Hills Cop where they are, but I thoroughly disliked both movies. Overall, mixed. The Good: One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. The Bad: Pulp Fiction The Ugly: The Fountain

Spaghetti: Mised between Good and Bad. Monty Python, Shawshank Redemption, Spirited away, and Social Network are all awful picks for Top 10. Top 200 for some of the first two, and for the last two no where in any top list.

Coolio: Batman, really? Next. 

Lisa: Too much von trier. Love the lang though.

Baumer: We disagree a lot, and this is definitely one of those times

Olive: I'm seeing way too much recent

Hannah Montana: Oh god, where do I start? 

Chasmmi: Life of Pi, Forrest Gump, Men in Black, Schindler's List, and etc. Spew

JohnnY: Your Rear Window #1 pick gave me so much hope. Shame the rest of the list didn't live up. 

ThatMovieGuy: There's some decent picks. But overall, No. 

Punishment: This is such a franchise, GA list. 

Adam: Decent, I suppose. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dngOH9G4UPw

The pain train was brought, loving it

I think you'd be hard-pressed to find anyone who wouldn't include PULP FICTION on a top 100 list. And I'm not even that big of a Tarantino fan anymore.

I wouldn't. I like it, but the film drags too much in the middle.

oi! i haven't even posted my proper list in this thread yet. though my top ten does include 3 von trier movies...my full hundred is a bit more varied. ;)

actually, i'm ready now. it will certainly change a lot between this time and next year, because i haven't seen enough movies yet (i only think just over the top half are great).

1. 2001: a space odyssey
2. a clockwork orange
3. dancer in the dark
4. melancholia
5. rosemary's baby
6. dr. strangelove
7. dogville
8. barry lyndon
9. the new world
10. no country for old men

11. metropolis
12. la strada
13. inland empire
14. 12 angry men
15. eraserhead
16. the big lebowski
17. la città delle donne
18. all quiet on the western front
19. the fly
20. le samouräi

21. la nuit américaine
22. american beauty
23. el laberinto del fauno
24. borat
25. sex, lies and videotape
26. 4 luni, 3 saptamâni si 2 zile
27. blue velvet
28. trois couleurs: bleu
29. eyes wide shut
30. united 93

31. there will be blood
32. south park
33. the pianist
34. sunrise - a song of two humans
35. chinatown
36. memento
37. mary and max
38. rear window
39. akira
40. der himmel über berlin

41. le mépris
42. fight club
43. black swan
44. eternal sunshine of he spotless mind
45. the grapes of wrath
46. casablanca
47. the dark knight
48. the social network
49. airplane!
50. chronicle

51. hot fuzz
52. anchorman
53. the shining
54. medea
55. zodiac
56. battleship potemkin
57. fantastic mr. fox
58. coraline
59. days of heaven
60. inception

61. harry potter and the half-blood prince
62. l'enfant
63. jesus christ superstar [2000]
64. zerkalo
65. the birds
66. austin powers
67. bridge to terabithia
68. the incredibles
69. y tu mamá también
70. a beautiful mind

71. harry potter and the deathly hallows 1
72. the illusionist
73. ratatouille
74. 8 ½
75. à bout de souffle
76. superbad
77. the informant!
78. alien
79. full metal jacket
80. life of brian

81. videodrome
82. le procès
83. catch me if you can
84. back to the future
85. the prestige
86. citizen kane
87. harry potter and the prisoner of azkaban
88. little miss sunshine
89. this is spinal tap
90. lolita

91. wall-e
92. andrei rublev
93. psycho
94. the girl with the dragon tattoo [2011]
95. finding nemo
96. harry potter and the deathly hallows 2
97. torn curtain
98. batman begins
99. district 9
100. 1984
Edited by lisa
  • Like 1

I wouldn't. I like it, but the film drags too much in the middle.

Well, we all have different reasons for list inclusion, but I did take into consideration a movie's overall influence on its genre and other films.Point being, you can take a look at a GA top 100 (IMDB, perhaps), a slightly more high-brow one (AFI's list) and even a fairly elitist one (Sight and Sound) and you'll find PULP FICTION on all, meaning it has a broad range of support.

Considering some of the films in my list, it is odd that these are what you took as a sign of being bad.

Anyhow I am happy that my top 100 is a list of 100 films that I personally like a lot and not the 100 films that Tarentino, Spike Lee, the Oscars or anybody else tells me are the films I like. :) (Not saying yours is, just saying.)

As for your list:

It's nice, those are some well made films there, and I can only imagine that when the 1980s and beyond reaches your town, this list can become awesome :P 

I loved Life of Pi, but top 10 is just ridiculous for it. As for the other films, the same goes. And I also thoroughly disliked Pulp Fiction. 

And I would include more post 80s films if filmmakers actually made amazing films post 80s. 

Well, we all have different reasons for list inclusion, but I did take into consideration a movie's overall influence on its genre and other films.

Influence matters sure, but Citizen Kane is the most influential film out there, or one of the top 5, and it still doesn't make my Top 100 because I found it technically masterful but lacking some heft and heart.

I try to steer my lists for this thread towards more objective criteria. If I went by pure favorite I think riczhang would have been substantially less fond of my top 10. For example Monty Python and the Holy Grail would be there.

Edited by 4815162342