Sims

Boxoffice.com's Top 100 Films of All Time 2013 -- RESULTS PRESENTATION 4 PM PST/7 PM EST

Everyone has their own movie taste. The Dark Knight is easily in the top 10 movies made in the last 5 years.

That is certainly a valid point and while I would say top 20-25, I can agree with that. The thing is when contrasted with previous half decades, this one isn't particularly great and TDK doesn't stand a shot at a top 100 placing.

I've never seen Citizen Kane and have ZERO interest in seeing it. 

I tried watch it, but it was like watching paint dry.

while there are obviously disagreements, ric's is the best list so far probably, certainly in number of masterpieces. and not seeing enough is no excuse, i've probably seen less than everyone here with 29. :lol:

shit

E.T.
Star Wars Original Trilogy

:rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

you know, while people complain about how you must like citizen kane else you're a fool...what about star wars and jaws etc.? not only do critics love them as much as anything else, but so does everyone else. there's probably even more pressure to like mainstream classics than the old critic movies.

• Like 2

JAWS is the best there is the best there was and the best there ever will be.  IMO

It's definitely one of the best ... there is NO film I watched more often in my life, especially from the age of 6 to 12.  I was FASCINATED with sharks and Jaws was the reason why.  Masterful film ... Quint is the alpha male. :)

Edited by Adam
  • Like 1

It's definitely one of the best ... there is NO film I watched more often in my life, especially from the age of 6 to 12.  I was FASCINATED with sharks and Jaws was the reason why.  Masterful film ... Quint is the alpha male. :)

YES!!!

JAWS is the best there is the best there was and the best there ever will be. IMO

It's my top 5 for sure. I caught it the other right as Quint, Brody and Hooper were heading out on the boat. It's so well done. And sadly I think it's a movie that wouldn't get made today Edited by DAR
  • Like 1

Just for the record, I have no problem with ric's taste.  It's definitely diametric (for the most part) from mine but I just kid around when I make fun of him.  I'm pretty sure he knows that.  :)

It's my top 5 for sure. I caught it the other right as Quint, Brody and Hooper were heading out on the boat. It's so well done. And sadly I think it's a movie that wouldn't get made today

It's a movie that WILL get made at some point in the next 20 years ... and when it happens it's going to be an EPIC failure because we'll see the shark in the first 10 minutes ... the characters will be completely dull ... and it will not be the least bit scary.

You know, like almost all 'shark' movies now days are.