Sims

Boxoffice.com's Top 100 Films of All Time 2013 -- RESULTS PRESENTATION 4 PM PST/7 PM EST

My Top 10 (Hopefully as a complimentary piece to my FYC seeing as most of you guys don't seem to have seen, or sometimes even heard about, these movies): 

1. All Quiet on the Western Front
2. Citizen Kane
3. North by Northwest
4. Napoleon (1927)
5. Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy (2012)
6. Rear Window
7. Casablanca
8. Sunset Boulevard
9. La Regle du Jeu (The Rules of the Game)
10. Gone with the Wind

This was my top 50:1. Goodfellas2. The Empire Strikes Back3. The Godfather4. Sunset Boulevard5. Star Wars: A New Hope6. Jaws7. 12 Angry Men8. Aladdin9. One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest10. Raiders of the Lost Ark11. The Two Towers12. Lawrence of Arabia13. The Dark Knight14. Bonnie and Clyde15. The Incredibles16. Shawshank Redemption17. Fight Club18. Cool Hand Luke19. Network20. The Good the Bad and the Ugly21. Wall-E22. Good Will Hunting23. Die Hard24. On the Waterfront25. Heat26. Fellowship of the Ring27. Stalag 1728. Animal House29. Return of the King30. Bridge of the River Kwai31. Finding Nemo32. Jurassic Park33. Rear Window34. Treasure of the Sierra Madre35. Apollo 1336. Tombstone37. Toy Story 338. Boogie Nights39. Patton40. Dirty Harry41. Unforgiven42. Forrest Gump43. The Dark Knight Rises44. Batman Begins45. The Usual Suspects46. Back to the Future47. The Manchurian Candidate(1962)48. The Lion King49. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 250. Peter Pan(Disney 1953)

Edited by DAR
  • Like 4

My Top 10 (Hopefully as a complimentary piece to my FYC seeing as most of you guys don't seem to have seen, or sometimes even heard about, these movies): 

1. All Quiet on the Western Front Very Good

2. Citizen Kane Technically Brilliant, otherwise somewhat overrated

3. North by Northwest Good man

4. Napoleon (1927)

5. Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy (2012) Very good, but not Top 100 material

6. Rear Window Top 20 material

7. Casablanca A little high, but Top 25 material sure

8. Sunset Boulevard Fairly high, but it may make my Top 100

9. La Regle du Jeu (The Rules of the Game) Just saw this a couple weeks ago. Very well staged but a fair bit of it was on the nose and meandering.

10. Gone with the Wind Overrated severely

Melancholia?That would make my top 200 list of worst films of all time. But i did enjoy Kirstens breasts.

Yeah. I didn't like Melancholia. At all. Though I don't think I've ever liked a von trier film. 

• Like 1

it's easily the best movie metaphor for depression i've seen, because it keeps huge emotional distance despite such beautiful imagery. wagner's theme is the only music that exists, and the mansion the only place, isolating you in your own meaningless nightmare.

and the performances are great etc.

2. Citizen Kane

3. North by Northwest

4. Napoleon (1927)

6. Rear Window

7. Casablanca

8. Sunset Boulevard

10. Gone with the Wind

I've heard of all of them except 1 (Napoleon) but I've seen 3 of them. That's a strong top 10 though!

2. Citizen Kane

3. North by Northwest

4. Napoleon (1927)

6. Rear Window

7. Casablanca

8. Sunset Boulevard

10. Gone with the Wind

Pleasantly unpretentious list from you
  • Like 1

Still working on mine but I got the Top 10 locked down: 1. The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly (1966)2. L.A. Confidential (1997)3. The Godfather Part II (1974)4. The Manchurian Candidate (1962)5. North by Northwest (1959)6. The Bridge on the River Kwai (1957)7. The Insider (1999)8. Apollo 13 (1995)9. Carlos (2010)10. Anatomy of a Murder (1959)

• Like 2

My top 10:

1. 12 Angry Men
2. Do The Right Thing
3. Batman
4. The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford
5. Fargo
6. Monty Python and the Holy Grail
7. Lawrence of Arabia
8. Hannah And Her Sisters
9. Children of Men
10. Ed Wood

• Like 2

mine...you might see a theme here.

1. 2001: A Space Odyssey
2. A Clockwork Orange
3. Dancer in the Dark
4. Melancholia
5. Dr. Strangelove
6. Dogville
7. Barry Lyndon
8. The New World
9. No Country for Old Men
10. Metropolis

subject to considerable change though, i'll be submitting my list at the last moment to see 30ish more movies.
Edited by lisa

1 Jaws

2 ET

3) JFK

4) Raiders of the Lost Ark

5) Halloween (1978..obviously)

6) Aliens

7) The Matrix

8) Pulp Fiction

9) Fellowship of the Ring

10) Empire Strikes Back

• Like 4