#ED

7/1/13 MON ACTUALS: MU - 7.9M; Heat - 5.3M; WWZ - 4.3M; WHD - 3.05M; MoS - 3.04M

7 PM shows included in the next day's gross...SMH. Hollywood is getting away with some Enron accounting on this shit.

That way catching fire might pull off a 100M opening day.

Incredibles, Ratatouille, Wall-E & Toy Story are my favorites from Pixar.

Never seen Monsters Inc or Finding Nemo ;)

Monsters and Nemo are much more geared toward children than the other Pixar movie IMO. Toy Story, Wall-e and incredibles are among Pixar more mature movies.

A superman movie by Brad Bird would be great, maybe he'll still do it. Justice League anyone? 

OFFICIAL THEATER COUNT FOR DM2 : 3997

Posted Image

Further proof there are less and less theaters now and its getting harder to get a really high theater count.

OOHHHH. Missed the TLR part. Thought it was comparing to MU.

I can see the confusing. Ray compares DM2 to MU and then throws us off by comparing to another movie WW gross. This guy.  :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Further proof there are less and less theaters now and its getting harder to get a really high theater count.

Yep ... highest ever are Eclipse and TDKR wise over 4,400 ... 4,000 sounds right for this release.

Checking MOS ... I see that was over 4,200, just like Iron Man 3.

Edited by Adam

Yep ... highest ever are Eclipse and TDKR wise over 4,400 ... 4,000 sounds right for this release.

Yeah there are more and more multiplexes now also.

BTW who is your avi of?

• Like 1

Pretty standard for an animated movie no? MU got 4000 and the first DM got 3600. Animated movies never have monster openings anyway.

?

An article said DM2 was going to do 3 times the WW gross of Monsters University.

EDIT: Apparently is 3 times the gross of TLR.

Edited by CJohn

A superman movie by Brad Bird would be great, maybe he'll still do it. Justice League anyone? 

Funny story; I had Brad Bird direct my CAYOM Justice League movie since he's great with ensembles. :P I'd much rather had his version of Man of Steel or a Superman origin movie in general; he's already made two fantastic pseudo-Superman movies, might as well give him a shot at the real deal.

• Like 1