Mattrek

Early Tuesday estimates DM2 4.7 previews

Second weekend and overall gross are not the same thing.  Not every animated movie gets near a 5 multiplier either.

Most of them get like a 3.5-4... How many movies do you see opening big and having such a multiplier? Not many... It's a difference when the movie is for kids and another is for teenagers or grown ups. Kids watch everything, so do families overall. If they do watch it, it doesn't mean the movie's good... Whatever... Fans won't give up on their dream of the first movie being a masterpiece. I, for one, didn't find the minions funny at all.

There was no evidence for 150M either. You all predicted like BKB predicted Avengers and now you take pride for it. It could've been the same deal as it was for Star Trek 2 where people predicted 100M OW. I bet back then you were one of the few to blame to ones who predicted on the wrong side, right? There was no evidence for it to open to 150M either, so it's the same thing as me predicting 80-90M 5Day.

Continue to twist my words why don't you? If you looked in the various threads I've never once said 150m and have been expecting 130m 5-day for quite some time. There's only been 3 or 4 people on the whole board that have predicted above 150, most are in the 130-140 range. Star Trek I called wrong and never berated others who got it wrong, so don't assume things. There was 0 evidence of a 5-day under 100m. You can feel free to continue letting your bias effect your predictions with this movie, but be prepared to be disappointed time and time again.
  • Like 1

Anderson - 1:20 and 2:40 have sold out (my theater, 3rd busiest in my region, one of the busiest in the state)

Greenville - 2:05 and 2:50 have sold out (busiest theater in the state)

Spartanburg - 10:45 am, 11a, 1:30p, 1:50p, 2:20 HAVE ALL SOLD OUT! (3RD busiest theater in the state!)

Columbia - 11:30a, 1:55p, 2:25p have sold out! (2ND busiest theater in the state)

Myrtle Beach - None and N/A through Fandango

Mount Pleasant - 1p, 2p have sold out (richest city in the state)

N Charleston - 12:20p, 2:45, 1:35 3D have sold out (the busiest theater in this city has no sellouts)

Charleston - N/A through Fandango

Florence, Rock Hill, Bluffton, Aiken - None

Summerville - 11:30a, 2p, 3:45p, 6:30! have sold out (one of the busiest)

Lexington - 1:30p

SOUTH CAROLINA is representing for Despicable Me! We're selling out better than North Carolina, and these are already more sellouts than other movies this summer! Also, ZERO sellouts across the state for TLR, though that could change (but I doubt it). A few MU sellouts sprinkled around. Kevin Hart should do good here too.

Edited by LeFlop James

Most of them get like a 3.5-4... How many movies do you see opening big and having such a multiplier? Not many... It's a difference when the movie is for kids and another is for teenagers or grown ups. Kids watch everything, so do families overall. If they do watch it, it doesn't mean the movie's good... Whatever... Fans won't give up on their dream of the first movie being a masterpiece. I, for one, didn't find the minions funny at all.

No one's attacking your opinion.  But can't really have a conversation when you are as biased as you are so I'll quit trying.  

Continue to twist my words why don't you? If you looked in the various threads I've never once said 150m and have been expecting 130m 5-day for quite some time. There's only been 3 or 4 people on the whole board that have predicted above 150, most are in the 130-140 range. Star Trek I called wrong and never berated others who got it wrong, so don't assume things. There was 0 evidence of a 5-day under 100m. You can feel free to continue letting your bias effect your predictions with this movie, but be prepared to be disappointed time and time again.

I'm just saying I saw no god damn evidence of there being an opening of 150M. There was no clear evidence that people will eat this movie up like they did with the first one. It was just a shot in the darkness and it happened to land, and now you take credit for it. Yeah, I was wrong... whatever. I can live with that. There was enough evidence of 5 day under 100M, most of these evidences being how 'well received' that movie was on this forum and overall (average at B). This could've been the next Star Trek, but it ended up being Avengers. Big deal. Got lucky with predictions. Well done. Peace out.

No one's attacking your opinion.  But can't really have a conversation when you are as biased as you are so I'll quit trying.  

So I'm the only one biased, huh? Funny...

Yeah Epic's legs say hi. Not all family films are received well and it's not that common to receive a 5 multiplier from a films OW. The only time that can happen is if the movie has fantastic WOM. I hate films that the majority here likes as well.

Anderson - 1:20 and 2:40 have sold out (my theater, 3rd busiest in my region, one of the busiest in the state)Greenville - 2:05 and 2:50 have sold out (busiest theater in the state)Spartanburg - 10:45 am, 11a, 1:30p, 1:50p, 2:20 HAVE ALL SOLD OUT! (3RD busiest theater in the state!)Columbia - 11:30a, 1:55p, 2:25p have sold out! (2ND busiest theater in the state)Myrtle Beach - None and N/A through FandangoMount Pleasant - 1p, 2p have sold out (richest city in the state)N Charleston - 12:20p, 2:45, 1:35 3D have sold out (the busiest theater in this city has no sellouts)Charleston - N/A through FandangoFlorence, Rock Hill, Bluffton, Aiken - NoneSummerville - 11:30a, 2p, 3:45p, 6:30! have sold out (one of the busiest)Lexington - 1:30pSOUTH CAROLINA is representing for Despicable Me! We're selling out better than North Carolina, and these are already more sellouts than other movies this summer! Also, ZERO sellouts across the state for TLR, though that could change (but I doubt it). A few MU sellouts sprinkled around. Kevin Hart should do good here too.

Holy shit! :o :o :o I've never seen matinee sellouts during a weekday before. And odds are if the matinees sellout the evenings will as well. These reports make me have faith in a 40m OD.
  • Like 1

I'm just saying I saw no god damn evidence of there being an opening of 150M. There was no clear evidence that people will eat this movie up like they did with the first one. It was just a shot in the darkness and it happened to land, and now you take credit for it. Yeah, I was wrong... whatever. I can live with that. There was enough evidence of 5 day under 100M, most of these evidences being how 'well received' that movie was on this forum and overall (average at B). This could've been the next Star Trek, but it ended up being Avengers. Big deal. Got lucky with predictions. Well done. Peace out.

I thought 150m was just as crazy as under 100m 5-day too for the record. There was clear evidence of a break out you just chose not to see it, because you dislike the franchise. It wasn't luck if most users here got it right and I'm just going to quit trying with someone so biased. Edited by Minion Mattrek
  • Like 1

Let's be honest here - yes ChD is a DM2 hater, but he's only taking a lot of shit because he hates against DM2. If he were saying the same exact things, but substituting DH2 with TLR, nobody would say a word. 

That said, ChD, you are hatin, but I'm with you. I don't see the big deal surrounding DM - it's pretty average to me. Although I don't agree with you that the signs weren't there for it to be this big. It was always in the best position to win the animated contest for the year. 

• Like 3

Since when are we not allowed to have a dissenting opinion aboit a pooular movie? If CHD hates DM who cares? Not everyone is going to like every film that the majority likes. Why is that a problem?

• Like 4

Wednesday: ‘Despicable Me 2′ Huge $35M, ‘Lone Ranger’ Disappointing $15M; ‘Let Me Explain’ $6M http://www.deadline.com/2013/07/despicable-me-2-opens-with-huge-4-7m-late-shows/

TLR is disappointing with 15mill? Lol ok. Thats way bigger than most of us thought it would be.
  • Like 2

Let's be honest here - yes ChD is a DM2 hater, but he's only taking a lot of shit because he hates against DM2. If he were saying the same exact things, but substituting DH2 with TLR, nobody would say a word. That said, ChD, you are hatin, but I'm with you. I don't see the big deal surrounding DM - it's pretty average to me. Although I don't agree with you that the signs weren't there for it to be this big. It was always in the best position to win the animated contest for the year.

All I was trying to say was that his bias clouded his judgement with his 90-100 5-day prediction. He can feel free to hate on the franchise all he wants to even if I disagree. We have much worse "haters" on these forums then that anyways.
  • Like 1

TLR is disappointing with 15mill? Lol ok. Thats way bigger than most of us thought it would be.

I was just thinking the same thing. I was expecting around 10m. That's quite good for it.
  • Like 1