Biggestgeekever

Wkend #s: 82.5 DM2, 29.4 TFR, 25 Heat, 19.6 MU

Oh, and on a random note, I just rewatched Spider-Man 2 for the first time in five years. Such a great superhero movie; still the best Spider-Man movie we've got, and it'll probably stay the same for awhile. So good

Oh man, that grin I had the day I saw this opening day with a packed theater from the very beginning (Best opening titles) to the end (Best capper: "Go get'em Tiger!"):

Posted Image

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 3

Oh, and on a random note, I just rewatched Spider-Man 2 for the first time in five years. Such a great superhero movie; still the best Spider-Man movie we've got, and it'll probably stay the same for awhile. So good

Still in my top 3 for superhero movies. Right behind TA and TDK. I still remember opening day.

And it still pisses me off that SM3 was soo bad.  That movie had the perfect storm going for it. Sequel to a very very very well liked movie, summer opener, and a very dead market.

If SM3 was in the same league as the first two films, it would have broken 500 million even with that competition IMO. What a shame.

Edited by Moviefanatic
  • Like 3

I didn't see it opening day, but it was the first ever PG-13 movie I ever saw in theaters. I remembered loving it, but unlike Spider-Man 1, which has aged poorly imo, Spider-Man 2 is the perfect blend of humor, action, drama, and Raimi cheese. Wish Spider-Man 3 hadn't been tampered with by the execs; still believe that could've been a great movie without the symbiote

• Like 1

I didn't see it opening day, but it was the first ever PG-13 movie I ever saw in theaters. I remembered loving it, but unlike Spider-Man 1, which has aged poorly imo, Spider-Man 2 is the perfect blend of humor, action, drama, and Raimi cheese. Wish Spider-Man 3 hadn't been tampered with by the execs; still believe that could've been a great movie without the symbiote

Mmmm I still love SM1. I know a lot of people don't like it anymore, but it's one of my favorite superhero films along with TDK, IM and SM2,

• Like 3

Don't get me wrong, SM1 is still good; it's just not great to me. A lot better than TASM and SM3 though. SM2 is just amazing.

Honestly, my top superhero movie often switch between five: Incredibles, Spider-Man 2, Captain America, Dark Knight, and Avengers.

• Like 1

Everything fell into places, nailing the perfect amount of each ingredients to deliver the ideal summer superhero movie. (In SM1, they were also there but at times not properly cooked to great result but a really satisfying kickstart. In SM3, they were so badly cooked and dosed out that everything backfired and collapsed in a mess)

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 3

Don't get me wrong, SM1 is still good; it's just not great to me. A lot better than TASM and SM3 though. SM2 is just amazing.

Honestly, my top superhero movie often switch between five: Incredibles, Spider-Man 2, Captain America, Dark Knight, and Avengers.

Damn I always forget about the greatness of The Incredibles.  I want a sequel to that soooooooooooo bad!

• Like 1

Spider-Man 2 also had the best lead in for a 3rd movie. It didn't feel forced but necessary. 

So true. too bad they comepletely screwed up the 3rd film lol

Edited by ban1o
  • Like 1

Something that made me laugh this time around was Peter suddenly remembering his birthday. Not actually funny mind you, but I just remembered the big blow-up in Gatsby ending with "Oh. I just remembered it was my birthday." :P

I just hope we get a spidey movie that does Venom right. No way in hell that spideys best villain should only have 10 minutes of screen time SMH

Raimi was never the director for Venom; he did a perfect Silver Age world, and you can't just put in a Dark Age villain.

Ooh i forget The Incredibles a lot. I LOVE that film.

• Like 2

All four Spider Man movies suck big time, come on.

Anyway, I'm kinda sad that MU is dropping so hard. Next week Grown Ups 2 will probably intensify the competition and even if Turbo bombs, it's another animation in the market. Is there any chance MU will recover and get small drops? I guess it will just drop 40% or more for the next weekends.

Edited by JohnnY