Biggestgeekever

Wkend #s: 82.5 DM2, 29.4 TFR, 25 Heat, 19.6 MU

Also, if Pfister's first film delivers, what's the likelihood Warner Bros. hires him to quasi-reboot Bats for fall in line with the new Justice League universe. I mean, he did compose the shots for all Nolan's Bat flicks. It seems an obvious choice...

Highly unlikely. Loyalty to Nolan alone will keep him away from that.

• Like 1

So... How did the Saturday bumps look the last time July 4 fell on a Thursday? I assumed they were mostly flat given many, many people take off or have off Friday after the 4th? Bad assumption on my part?

No, Saturday will mostly stay flat. With some jumps in low teens so multiplier this weekend won't be as good for most movies as last weekend.

• Like 1

Highly unlikely. Loyalty to Nolan alone will keep him away from that.

Is he still D.P. on Nolan's films even though he's branching out as a director? If so, that's very odd... I imagine Nolan would champion him for a big project over even a Snyder given they're likely pals.

Good and okay #'s, all (except Powerless Ranger's) could be better. Heat and WWZ have completely surprised me. In expecting great legs for DM2. This July looks extremely lackluster and comp is minimal. Turbo wont slaughter DM2, wont come close, and DM2 will be powering down by the time Smurfs comes out, and I dont see PR being a big family hit, GU2 is the biggest threat IMO. This will be fun to track.

Nope. Those will be the ones to watch. The rest are just McDonalds products.

Godzilla is more sophisticated than Days of Future Past, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, Good Dinosaur or even Gaurdians of the Galaxy?Why? Does he fight a giant moth in this one?