Biggestgeekever

Wkend #s: 82.5 DM2, 29.4 TFR, 25 Heat, 19.6 MU

This will drop by more than 50 % next weekend! could be even 60% like MOS! I was hoping for 55M next weekend, but DM2 is already dropping rapidly!! 350 M domestic is out of reach!!

uh..
  • Like 1

DM 2 is underwhelming !!! If the movie was great as the first one, then this could have made 90+ for 3 days easily !!! Front loaded!

No.  That's not how the box office works.  SM2 followed MIB2 almost identically.  This has nothing to do with it being good or bad, it has to do with what the 5 day holiday allows. 

This will drop by more than 50 % next weekend! could be even 60% like MOS! I was hoping for 55M next weekend, but DM2 is already dropping rapidly!! 350 M domestic is out of reach!!

:rofl: :rofl:

• Like 1

Care to make a signature and name change bet on that?

• Like 1

Umm, ok. Out of curiosity, is dilusha some kind of shorthand for delusion? ;):P

• Like 1

Not surprised by MU. It shouldve been clear it wouldve taken some sort of beating. I think some were a little in denial of a drop because of their personal love for MU, but I think its run has been amazing.

• Like 1

I have DM2 at 50 mill for next weekend.  That's using a 9 mill Thursday and then jumping about 70% on Friday, 32% on Saturday and dropping 25% on Sunday.....40% drop.

Should crack $300M by Labor Day weekend.

As long as it does it after LD weekend, like the Tuesday, I'll be happy (Summer Game stuff)

As long as it does it after LD weekend, like the Tuesday, I'll be happy (Summer Game stuff)

At the rate it's going... yeah. Should do about $5-6M ish weekdays and another $8-9M this coming weekend. About to start its tour in second-run theater chains. That's where the late legs kick in (Christ look at how long Iron Man 3, Star Trek Into Darkness and Fast & Furious 6 have hung around).

• Like 1

That means Universal are reporting an OW number just bigger than that of MU on purpose ... (82.42M).

Probably so. If the Saturday number is 29m then they would be projecting a -20.7% drop on Sunday. Certainly possible but it's quite optimistic. 

• Like 1